August; Glitter Days (Firewater) & Hold On, Hold On (Neko Case & The Sadies)

Haha, I sometimes forget other people work :open_mouth:
Cheers, mate and have a good day :smiley:

2 Likes

:roll_eyes: :laughing:
We have beautiful lives, donā€™t we? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Blessed and lucky! :innocent: :smiley:
Second (and last!) August AVOYP added above :rofl:

2 Likes

Hey Brian,

Just after watching your latest offering this happened :open_mouth:

I checked out the collaboration by the Neko & the Sadies that you mentioned in the comment to me and also this version. I found it to be quite an enjoyable listen. So thank you for pointing me in its direction.

I thought that you did a superb job with your cover and owned it. What I enjoyed most about it was that you have that ability to not just sing the song but to tell the story in your performance (if that makes sense). Guitar playing was good and you made the A shaped barre chords look like a piece of cake. Like @sairfingers commented on the previous recording it will be good to see you using a pick which I know you have been working on.

Definitely one to share with Chris (and your son) and maybe producing one of your fine productions.

Ohā€¦ maybe worth including the latest video offering on a new post at the bottom and include a link to the post at the top so that it is clear to everyone that there is a new offering to check out. As I canā€™t give your latest recording a likeā€¦ Iā€™ll just do it in my comment > :heart:

Do what James say`s next time :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.(thanks James)ā€¦I missed this completely, but while tapping about the good life, a kind of blanket falls over me and I canā€™t see/think (no ā€¦shut your piehole :laughing:) clearly anymore and I understand my (slight) cough last nightā€¦ Iā€™m 38+c 5 minutes agoā€¦ ā€¦

But ā€˜Hold onā€™ does put me in calm waters and I really enjoyed it very much, :sunglasses: :clap: it took me across strange waters to another island which sounds a bit like ā€˜picturesque landscapes, a turbulent history, exciting stories about gnomes and elves, but also for traditional music and passionate dances. Discover the rugged rocky landscapes, the endless green fields and the tranquility of ā€¦ā€™ of what ??? :laughing:

But no kidding, it reminds me of another song with water/boat or at least the same feeling :slightly_smiling_face:
Bye bye

Edit: the 1 vibes :bouquet:

Are you accusing me of breaking the site again? :open_mouth:
The Sadies have some fabulous songs. Well worth digging around.
Thanks for the positive comments. It was relatively short process but highly enjoyable.
(Interesting point you raise about where to post multiple songs in the same month.
Double-posting is quite rightly discouraged but f you post it somewhere down the comment timeline, you are subjecting anyone interested to having to scroll down searching. On the other hand if you add it to the original post, slow processors like Rog miss the boat :thinking:
Just in case anyone is here and doesnā€™t want to scroll back up to see what weā€™re talking about, hereā€™s a song I recorded this morning :wink:)

Edit: I love unexpected songs :smiley:
Yesterday I mentioned in a comment to Jamesā€™ latest original Hold On that it reminded me of a wonderful collaboration by Neko Case & the Sadies Hold on, Hold on. A quick google search revealed the chords and lyrics. Her slightly unorthodox song structures meant it was a bit of a struggle to cram all the bits into the Trio+ (only 5 slots available).
No fireworks, dynamics or gimmicks on this one- just the joy of being able to simply accompany and sing a song I love (whilst promoting lesser-known gems :wink:)
(I might share this with Chris and see if he fancies laying down some twangy surf-guitar on it)
Hope you enjoy :smiley:

@roger_holland Iā€™m going to briefly come out of retirement and put on my white coat for a long-distance consultation :stethoscope:
Your ramblings are highly suggestive of febrile delirium. Iā€™m hesitant to recommend :pill:, but suggest you try conservative treatment with TLC. Your mother or wife would be ideal. Get one of them to tuck you up in bed with a warm cup of cocoa or chamomile tea and read ,or even better, sing you a bed-time story.
If they are unavailable, have a listen to this nursery rhyme about crossing strange waters with weird creatures and fantastic landscapes with dancing on the beachā€¦
The first consultation is free :smiley:
Youā€™re welcome.

3 Likes

All the house keeping that @Richard_close2u did for me the other day with my 2023 Blues Study got me thinking of going forward when creating the a first recording for the month having the first post a table with columns AVoYP #, Title, YouTube Link, Post link and date. And post the first recording as Post No. 2.

Yes and I was thinking that too :grin:

HEYYYyyyy (that are they also now singing :smile:) Nice and strange song.
adding at the top is what I miss the most (or just those little links), but I think itā€™s all good normally Iā€™m fast and otherwise Iā€™ll get there eventuallyā€¦ WELLā€¦ everythingā€™s fine???

no thanks, tea and my girl will bring apple juice and jusdĆ²range (even that doesnā€™t work really good for my coughing but I just liked it now),
38.2 now and then is not the advice nowadays to stay in bed (here in the Netherlands) if you can still talk move etc ,and my wife or mother singing :roll_eyes: no thanks :blush:

Iā€™ll settle for that song next time for a little cold, and pay with my soul for bigger problems :blush:
Or did you mean THC :grin:

1 Like

Again you pull a song out that I have never heard before. I need to get our more :joy:. Beautiful song Brian and beautifully played and sung. Such a chilled out and relaxed vibe. Thoroughly enjoyed this and thanks for sharing!

:wink:

Thereā€™s always a fix if you do!

2 Likes

Cheers Richard,
I guess that makes perfect sense if you know youā€™re likely to share more than one song per month.
I sometimes do but usually donā€™t. It would seem like overkill to have a first post to introduce the song in the second post.
I suppose the most sensible thing to do would be just add the links above the first song of the month.
Iā€™ll give it a whirlā€¦ Looks like it works ok :smiley:

1 Like

I was just thinking it was the server was struggling to cope with the viewing demands as thereā€™s been a couple of crackers served today :innocent:

And now @Richard_close2u has put you on the straight and narrow balance has been restored :grinning: and you managed to get more than one like from me and @roger_holland for your latest recording :wink:

1 Like

itā€™s all about the views, likes, shares and subscribers.
Iā€™m gonna be an influencer when I grow up! :smiley:

1 Like

Flowers and a vibes is all he get with today video tssssā€¦and 1000+ words :see_no_evil:
Bye bye everyone here :wave:

2 Likes

Haha.
Non sequiter topic hijack moment.
You put me in mind of this ditty, which I learned when working as a primary school teacher many moons ago.

Iā€™m going to be a paleontologist
When i grow up big
Off Iā€™ll go with all the archeologists
Take my tools and dig, dig, dig, dig
Iā€™ll discover lots of dinosaurs
Buried in the rocks
Iā€™ll find out why dinosaurs disappeared
Iā€™ll turn back the clocks
Iā€™m going to be a paleontologist
When i grow up big

2 Likes

smoking-dinosuars-gary-larson_thumb

1 Like

That was excellent Brian. A straightforward song sung and played in a straightforward way. And I thought your fingertip strum style suited this one! Super relaxed style, great backing track, clean chords and your vocal suited the song perfectly. No more required. Well done.

As for the system of adding another song to this months quota, if @Socio hadnā€™t tagged me I might well have missed this one.

Well I think youā€™re in the wrong place for that Brian. There may be more than 216,000 registered users here but Iā€™d hazard a guess there are around 50 regular posters and perhaps 30 of them regularly comment on AVoYPs. But then again perhaps youā€™re influencing 216,000 lurkers! :smile:

1 Like

Thank you kindly, Gordon :smiley:

Sometimes itā€™s just fun to keep it ā€˜simpleā€™ :smiley:
Now that I have that out of my system, Iā€™ve bitten off more than I can chew with my next one.
No chords available online, and I had to eventually ask Chris to help me out. :roll_eyes:
Unfamiliar bass picking with muted hits, as well as being a long song means I am unlikely to ever inflict it on my forumite followers- all 216ā€™000 of them! :laughing:

ITT I find it was Brian that broke the site! Of courseā€¦

Two well played songs in typical charming Brian style. Nice one. Plenty of detailed stuff has already been said, Iā€™m late to the party here!

1 Like

ā€¦ I keep it short then: :+1:t3: :blush:

1 Like