Autumn Leaves by Oldhead 49

Before my time, Old Man :wink:
Top notch classy jazz right there :sunglasses:
Music Critique, now there was an underused great category in our old homeā€¦
I was curious as to whether I knew the song and happy to find I did- although it sent me a bit down a nostalgia hole, as I thought it might have been Forever Autumn, from War of the Worlds
Now there would be an ambitious project for someone with chops @J.W.C could provide the flute bits (or indeed the whole thing, if he roped in his daughter on strings :laughing:)

Easier said than done, Iā€™m sad to say. Iā€™ve got multiple arrangements I want her to play on, but sheā€™s tough to pin down. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@J.W.C point taken.

Indulging myself this morning with a cup of coffee and listening to this. Wish the coffee was as smooth and tasty as your music. Great job

Thanks @Willsie01. Thatā€™s very nice of you to say.

brianlarsen

14h

Before my time, Old Man :wink:
Top notch classy jazz right there :sunglasses:
Music Critique, now there was an underused great category in our old homeā€¦
I was curious as to whether I knew the song and happy to find I did- although it sent me a bit down a nostalgia hole, as I thought it might have been Forever Autumn, from War of the Worlds
Now there would be an ambitious project for someone with chops @J.W.C could provide the flute bits (or indeed the whole thing, if he roped in his daughter on strings :laughing:)
@brianlarsen

Jeff Wayne, Richard Burton, Justin Hayward - Fo

Thanks Brian. Geez, do you always go in a different direction?? :pinching_hand: I had a listen and think thatā€™s a cool song, and I agree that @J.W.C should put this on his list to do. His mult-instruments and vocal talents would be perfect for this, even without his daughter.

Jason???

1 Like

@oldhead49 @J.W.C these are the coolest stories. You are two cool dudes indeed.

Well, Iā€™ll see what I can do. No promises, though!

1 Like

What a delight to hear this again. Thx Dave ! :sunglasses:

Ugh this was soooo romantic. All hail @batwoman for requesting this, and kudos to you for such a STUNNING delivery.

1 Like

@TheMadman_tobyjenner
Thanks, Toby. Man, this one was way back. Some of the first chords I learned from Justin. A redo updated redo will be posted sometime in the future. Appreciate the comments.

Hi, Jak. Thanks for stopping by and for the nice comments. It was one of the first songs I posted here and, as I told Toby above, it really needs a redo.

1 Like

What a lovely piece of playing that was Dave.

The tune rings a bell for me but Iā€™m not sure why. I really enjoyed it.

Played with feeling. Very relaxing and smooth. Impressive, easy-listening song. So pretty.

A beautiful cover of one of my favourite songs. Dave - you need to add vocals in the style of Yves Montand (in French of course :smiley:). Your voice would suit it!

There is a fairly simple chord melody lesson for Autumn Leaves on Youtube, from Nashville Guitar Guru. I can just about cope with it so it must be fairly easy!

1 Like

@SgtColon Thanks, Stefan. I appreciate you taking a listen and for the feedback. Glad you enjoyed it.

@pkboo3 Thanks, Pam. Good to hear from you.

@Stan First and foremost, welcome aboard, Stan. Nice to hear from you.
Thanks for that great feedback. A vocal like Yves Montand would be nice, especially in French. I think the French language really adds a lot to this song. For anyone interested here is a link to Mr. Montandā€™s French version, a very beautiful rendition for sure.
Les feuilles mortes - Yves Montand - Autumn Leaves - avec paroles lyrics letra testo - HD / HQ - YouTube
Iā€™m looking forward to your chord melody when you get it fully ironed out. I havenā€™t done a chord melody but itā€™s always impressive to hear someone who can play that way.
Thanks again for the kind words.