Bad Moon Rising - CCR Cover

Sandra, I loved this. A fun song to play. You are improving so quickly. Cheers for you and I believe we will soon see you on OM!

1 Like

Very nice Sandra lovely vocal and some nice neat chord switching going in there.

1 Like

Great Job Sandy!

I had my own pre show concert with an audience of three (me, myself, and I) before the open mic. I got pumped up.

I’ll do the next one if you will. Although you have a major advantage of being able to sing. I will just have to play.

1 Like

Another problem I have is the sound. My covers are done with my old Samsung S7 and the quality of the MIC is pretty good. However, for the open mic on Zoom, I tried with my external web cam which is great picture quality, but the sound recording with the laptop was just not there. I am not properly set up to do the open mic, and from what I saw yesterday, with Jak using zoom on her cell like I wanted to do, the audio is not up to my standards on Zoom

And I’ll be honest, I don’t understand the external mic technology.

Jak didn’t have Original Sound enabled, once you do it echo cancellation is switched off and all should be fine. I did first open mic using my phone and after sone struggles I figured out how to do it. I will send you a link Sandy on PM same I did to Jak so you can set it up. Once you do it try recording yourself again on your own and see if there is any difference.

On PC there is a good manual how to enable original sound, check this out:

Open Mic Tech Talk - How to Setup Zoom

1 Like

That was great, Sandy. In this recording I can hear improvement with your timing and rhythm; very well done! Lovely vocal, too.

You’re making music; you can call yourself a musician right now. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I will open a new thread for the mic if it’s possible - is there a technology section? I have focuserite Studio with mic and stuff… and I have questions. Maybe you guys/gals can help me understand. I also want to buy a dynamic mic for live sessions but don’t how to hook that up or even if I can sing in that in my apartment. I Don’t have an amp, and i’m quite mixed up in understanding. the mic in my cellphone is silent and doesn’t echo. Anyway forgive me for this rant.

1 Like

I think Hardware Software section in Gear talk section will be perfectly fitted for your queries, I am sure most of us will do best to help you out. Just don’t give up and we will get there :slight_smile:

The low noise is noise supression default in Zoom I reckon, so like if you are on a meeting at work and live by a busy street or you are doing a laundry Zoom supresses background noise so only you being close is heard. Instrument is like a background noise to Zoom unless you switch it off by enabling original sound. Hope this makes a bit of sense?

2 Likes

No apologies for ‘this rant’ Sandy. It is a whole new world, lots of moving parts, but we can help you make sense of it.

Agree that starting a separate topic is appropriate and with Adrian’s suggestion, start it in #gear-tools-talk:hardware-software-recroding

1 Like

Well done Sandy that was a great version of a classic song. Well done also on getting the G5 nailed. :+1:
Lovely vocal and you had a good strum rhythm going too.

1 Like

@SandyMusic If you have the 2i2 Focusrite studio then it really should just be a matter of you plugging it into your laptop/pc and then when you open zoom on your PC and click the little arrows next to mic it’ll show up as an audio source you can use. As Adi says select original sound and then all should be good. You can then do the same to select your web cam in the video drop down. Just need to set your volume levels on your studio and you are done.

1 Like

Same here… I’ll try to keep an eye on #gear-tools-talk:hardware-software-recroding

psst, mods, “recROding”!?

1 Like

I will put it up this weekend… for advice but also to understand a few things about external mics - Thank you

Hey Sandy that was great, you really are developing well and making great progress. I won’t mention the O word but there will be a space for you when you are ready. Plenty advice given so far so none extra from me, which meant I could just sit back and enjoy !
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks Toby… not sure about the OM… took me 4 tries to get this one… we’ll see…

1 Like

It’s hard not to love CCR. Thanks for sharing. That’s a good start to a life-long love with music!

1 Like

Sandy, the way I see it is as a steady progression. If you keep working this song on a regular basis in time you will be able to make a first take recording that is similar to this recording. And once that becomes fairly consistent then you are ready for the next step.

And I think it is true to say that we all make mistakes, little flubs, when we perform at the OM. You may or may not notice, I don’t notice others. And the trick is to be accepting of that, so when it happens it doesn’t upset you, you just keep playing.

Based on how I’ve seen you progress, I reckon if you keep playing this song regularly you’ll be OK for an OM, if not the next maybe the one after.

1 Like

That was excellent Sandy. Some lovely playing and singing.

1 Like

Hi Sandy - you’re making it all look so smooth and easy with those chord shapes and changes. Bravo for introducing an alternate G-shape.
It would be remiss of me to not mention your strumming hand as you know I like to give a little gentle nudge in the right direction as part of my tough love approach right? haha :slight_smile:

Check what is happening with your strumming hand on the first lyrical phrase of each pass when you sing “I see …”

What do I see?
What do you see?
What is the diagnosis doctor?
What is the cure?
:wink:

ps
This song is another you can happily add to your campfire list … keep it up!
:slight_smile:

1 Like