Ball and Chain - Cover by Social Distortion - OH49 & LBro

Hi guys,
you’ve got a great collaboration again! What a gorgeous “dirty” guitar sound!
And a kind of careless, “lazy” vocals. Good mix, too. At the same time, it turned out to be a very cheerful song, despite the depressing lyrics. How did you manage it? :smiley:
I love this style of yours!
Thank you, I really enjoyed it a lot.
Waiting for new songs!
Leo

Hi Leo,
Yeah - OH49 told me how he got the guitar tones, but now I forget. I am not sure if he is back on the Internet yet or not. But hopefully he will see this and chime in.

Ha, not sure on a cheerful song via the vox and how it came about. I just try and do the best I am able and sometimes it comes out ok. Thanks for the comment and glad you liked the entire production!

I am not sure what is next. I have one original that has been done for months and simply awaits NaNa singing her verse part. It has been tough to get to track her due to Covid. Another original is in the early stages…

All the best to you,
LB

Hi again SD,
I tapped OH49 on the shoulder, so he could reply on what you asked about his guitar play. Alas his Internet was down and now I think he forgot.

So I will take a stab at your questions(s).
I think OH49 recently reached 5 years on Justin Guitar. I know he puts a ton of time into playing and not just playing. He has told me his greatest gains have come from transcribing songs/guitar parts and trying to play them like the record. I guess the bottom line is that if one puts in the time and is dedicated, they can go a long way on guitar.

All the best to you and take good care!
LB

LB,
wow, you have two originals in your work! Cool.
And I’m only on covers for now…
Say hi to Nana, I will be waiting for your joint song.
It’s always interesting.
Leo

Leo,

NaNa was happy you said hello…

Thanks, but realize the tracking date for NaNa’s vox is not until mid-June. That is if Covid in our area does not flair up again…

All the best,
LB