Batwoman's Learning Log

There is a song (probably plenty of those but I know only one :laughing:) with lyrics going: “Why does it feel so good, so good to be bad” and clearly your recording is an answer to that - because it sounds fantastic.

A full performance fortunately you got around to record and dazzle us here over on the Community. Awesome job Maggie and great to finally see you on a video rather than just hearing your music over on Soundcloud :grinning: all the best!

You people are so nice to me. Thankyou for that :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@adi_mrok now I’m curious, what is the song? You are the dazzling one Adrian, I soaked up your performances with delight last night. Thankyou for your encouragment, it makes me feel glad.

@Jozsef I looked up Death … and can hear the similarity. Thankyou for your comment.

@sairfingers Gordon you are a treat. The ending went a bit feral, but the Bad one is like that. Thankyou for your encouragement it means a lot to me.

@Socio you are so generous James, thankyou for that. I don’t have the gift of the gab and I’m not a natural entertainer, so it’s something I have to work on. Taking on a persona like Maggie Bad is like putting on a costume, it covers me.

@crocodile1 Thankyou Leo, this version was a whole lot easier for me that’s for sure. I love your singing voice. Thankyou for your kind comment.

@Notter and thank you Mark for listening and commenting. You could have nudged me about some of my posture, so thanks for being gracious about that :policeman: :laughing:

@DavidP the ending often surprises me, I don’t always know what’s going to come out. Thankyou for your listening and encouragement.

@roger_holland thankyou Rogier for your comment, I hope your day went well. I like the quirkiness off Holly’s version and some of the percussion sounds please me a lot.

2 Likes

Heaven forbid Maggie, people in glass houses etc…… :wink::joy:

1 Like

Great vocals, especially the ending. Maggie Bad should come more often!

1 Like

Catching up, catching up.
I have so many goodies and nuggets to catch up on.
I had to include you, Mrs B, among the first of the topics I come to visit. No wonder you have had dozens and dozens of new posts with these two new videos dropping in quick succession. Ah, you’re getting it together and the OM’s loss is our gain.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

@skinnyt thankyou Trevor, I’ll see what I can do with the Bad one :grin:

@Richard_close2u oh a flyby from Mr Close2u, thankyou Richard for adding me to your list. I have yet to post the other project. It somehow doesn’t have the same magic when I play it.

1. Soothing.
  2. Maggie Bad is a weapon.

Didnt realise you were a QLDr too. Looks like we have a few of us about.

1 Like

@FunkyFingers Rhyss you made me laugh. :rofl: Thanks a lot for your comment.

I’m in coastal northern NSW, 20 minutes south of the border.

1 Like

Wow! Bravo!!! I’m impressed with your playing. What an enjoyable performance.

2 Likes

@zys thankyou for your kind comments.

1 Like

So, it took me a while to see this, but I sure am glad I finally found it. What a treat! It is good to see you performing on video. Your stage presence is wonderful and your smile infectious. I could not help but to smile along with you. :smiley:
I look forward to seeing more of you.
As fate would have it, I just signed up for the CL DYV course today. Sounds like it will be another adventure…

1 Like

@ChasetheDream Robert what a lovely comment, thankyou for that, it makes me happy.

DYV is an excellent course, I know you’ll get heaps out of it. Chris is an exceptionally good teacher. His approach and techniques are creative, clever and they work. I look forward to hearing of your progress Robert.

1 Like

Hi Maggie, nice performances. Good you are being able to express very different musical feelings with your guitar, your voice and your stage performance.

1 Like

That’s so nice of you to say Andrés, I really appreciate your comment. :smiling_face:

Hey Maggie!! Such an amazing and inspiring journey!! I can’t write more for now as I am working but couldn’t stop myself from dropping a note. The song by Pete was so cute and was such a nice touch… brought real joy to me! :slight_smile:

Thankyou Prabhat for taking the time to read my LL. Pete the luthier did the most beautiful job crafting my guitar, it gets better with each year I play it. I have to confess when he started singing I cried. It was a very emotional day.

1 Like

@batwoman It must have been! I myself found it very moving… I am even looking at my mass produced Prs through different eyes thanks to those lyrics :slight_smile: . I wish I can have something custom made one day, but probably not going to have a luthier like Pete that’s for sure :smiley:

1 Like

Damm you were awesome with that bass in Rust to restoration and kudos on being on stage!! I get nervous even playing in front of one person at this point in time :slight_smile:… it was just phenomenal!!

I’m slowly going through your videos so you can expect many more comments here hahah… :smiley:

1 Like

If you’d like to see a few photos of the guitar being made I can post them. Thanks for kind words on Rust to Restoration. It’s a shame the PA cut out mid performance, it threw me a bit. Skotty carried the show, pro that he is. I was shaking like a leaf before I went on but there’s no way I was going to miss an opportunity like this. Once we started playing I went to my happy place.

Yes please!

I can imagine :smiley: you’re a badass (and don’t even get me started on the :bat:)!