Batwoman's Learning Log

Very entertaining, Maggie, and the ending is priceless :smiley:

Lovely rendition of English Country garden. I quite often have a similar meltdown when things go wrong, glad I am not alone LOL

@TheMadman_tobyjenner @Notter @DavidP @liaty @sairfingers @roger_holland @adi_mrok @Mari63 @skinnyt

I’m so surprised to find all your generous, encouraging responses to my scraps of silliness. Thankyou lovely ones, thankyou.

@TheMadman_tobyjenner you may hear more of Maggie Bad, she’s the one who has the lower range. The singing course I’m doing with Chris Liepe has helped a lot in overcoming the paralysis that used to come over me when faced with a video camera. He pushes us a long way out of our comfort zones.

@Notter Yes Mark the Devil of Distraction is what gets me every time. Once I lose focus a hissy fit usually is the consequence. :grin:

@DavidP gosh such a luscious serving of high kilojoule food. You are so very generous, thankyou.

@liaty Mark thanks. I chose the condenser because I couldn’t be bothered setting up a separate mic for the guitar. I realised later I should have used the boom so I didn’t keep bumping the mic stand.

@sairfingers Gordon what a good memory you have. Yes I recorded ECG at a friends request for her birthday. Not a song I’d choose, but now I know it, I sing it and in this instance, the contrast of the two songs amused me. Thankyou for your lovely comments.

@roger_holland I’m beginning to forget what the sun looks and feels like. I noticed when I watched your latest sunny video feeling a longing for sunshine. I chose to keep the video honest and real, my ego is mature enough to cope :smiling_face:

@adi_mrok thankyou Adi. For one as introverted as I, learning stagecraft is more challenging than learning to play a guitar. The thing that helps me is to keep in mind that it’s all about the audience and what matters to them. I find talking to a camera extra challenging.

@Mari63 I’m glad my classy ending made you laugh. It did me too :smiling_face:

@skinnyt you are most definitely not alone Trevor! I think all of us reach a point where we have to stop, regroup and then go again.

6 Likes

What ever he’s doing, assuming its Chris its paying dividends ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes, it’s Chris Liepe.

1 Like

One day I’ll finish Week 12 of DYV and do the other courses I bought. Just not had the right mindset for a while but more than happy with the progress over 18 months. So no complaints here. Hope the weather settles and you get the OM opportunity.

Check out the OM IX post, if we get enough performers, we are hoping to do gigs both East and West, so you peeps in OZ get a proper timeslot, not the middle of the night. Speaking of which off for some zeds.

Take care.
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Oh yes Toby, I hear you. There’s so much to learn, so many other things demanding our attention and time.

I’ll keep an eye on the OM IX post.

Sleep well Toby.

1 Like

Wow, @batwoman what a treat! I think that might be the first time that I’ve seen you play (in all these years). That was great, playing, vocals the full package. Well done, and nice share!

1 Like

@CT thankyou Clint, very kind of you. This is the first video I’ve uploaded. As I said earlier I’ve had to learn how to do the video and OBS thing in order to participate in my singing course. It’s still uncomfortable, but hey I didn’t die.

Devil Do.

Maggie Bad asked me to post this.

I first sang this song in collab with the magnificent @crocodile1 Leo, three years ago. I have to confess it was a struggle. I had a virus during the making of the recording, including losing my voice for a couple of weeks. At one stage my vocal range was lower than Leo’s! I think the instruments are stunning, as always @RomanS @crocodile1 and @Cagn did us proud. It was such an honour to be in the company of such fine music makers.

Here’s the original, I love this.

9 Likes

Wow Maggie !!

And now your brighten a rainy Monday morning here in Normandie. Glad you gave this another shot and put it out for consumption. I remember the collab so well, so its great to see you doing it solo and it also shows the depth you have added to your range, since starting with the CL material. There’s a smokiness coming out now, great as it will open up other styles, so we can move from Good to Bad to Evil. I think some Pat Benetta and Joan Jett would suit those vox now !! But of course I am cajoling you to get the 'leckie out on show as well. :wink:

I really must download that Skeleton Dance video, it all me cracks me up. Great to see a longer cut compared to the end of the Kenny videos. Also good to hear original of the song again.

Have a wonderful evening.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

So generous of you Toby, thankyou. I hadn’t realised till I read yesterday’s comments and now yours that I have made progress. When I remember how I struggled to give Roman decent stems I realise that I have improved. Thankyou so very much for your kindness.

It’s poured torrential sheets of rain here most of the day. I get concerned for the mental health of the people who’ve gone under twice now. I’m OK where I am, but parts of our village don’t do well at all.

Yeah isn’t Skeleton Dance a hoot? I like Holly Golightly’s stuff a lot. So many tunes waiting for me. I have 3 on the go at the moment.
This is one I may record on the electric. I love the lyrics. There Is An End

I’m sipping and savouring my small glass of cab sav as I slide into the evening.

Have a happy day dear Toby.

1 Like

Hi Maggie,

That was fantastic, :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: great that you gave it another try, I like your performance much more to listen to than the original… Monday can really start now :japanese_ogre::sweat_smile:
Greetings…

Love love love it, Maggie.

Loved the naughty playfulness of the vocal, while exploring all the mischief.

And what a spectacular ending.

So glad Maggie Bad came out to play.

Awesome Maggie, thank you for persisting, terrific performance!

Hi Maggie!
Cool live performance with great emotions and humor)
Beautiful vocals.
And thank you for reminding me of our old collaboration. It was fun, though not easy)
Waiting for new covers on Holly Golightly .
Keep move forward!
Leo

That was a fantastic performance Maggie and you looked glamorous. You certainly entertained your audience.

You need to listen to Maggie Bad more often. That was a truly fantastic performance.

Wow Maggie Bad is lots of fun! She can play for me anytime. I nearly jumped out my skin at end! :smiley:

1 Like

Very cool rendition :slight_smile: The melody reminds me of Death Don’t Have No Mercy which is already a good thing in my book.