Batwoman's Learning Log

Love this song, Uplifting and funny. Thanks

1 Like

I loved the song to, thought the guitar playing in the background also nice & catchy.

Just seen the pic of you with the bats! Wow! I have some bats that fly around my garden at dusk, always cool to sit and watch them making their laps.

1 Like

@Garrbo thankyou Gary, really nice of you to say. How are your barre chords going? Mine are still a work in progress and this song gives my hand a work out.

@EndlessRepetition thankyou Leon for your generous comments, I feel encouraged by them. Your bats sound like microbats. Typically they come out at dusk to feed. They will be echolocating the mosquitoes and eating them for you.

Hello Maggie, I really enjoyed listening to your song and looking forward to the next one (no pressure!). My barre chords are becoming more instinctive which I’m pleased about but I still have a feeling of dread every time I see an F chord approaching!

I hear you on this one Gary and I was messing up the fretting and the timing every single time. Decided I had to change my mindset from one of expecting failure to that of success. I spent some time in mental rehearsal, seeing myself playing excellent F barres and then feeling really pleased with how good they sounded and how well I was holding the rhythm. I then took that attitude to playing and I’m getting better results.

3 Likes

Knowing that you can play rather than wondering if you can is one of the themes in Victor Wooten’s The Music Lesson. I just read it twice on my vacation. It was very interesting, different than my usual factual/scientific type of book. I think it was recommended by Justin in one of his lessons, definitely worth getting from the library.

2 Likes

What The …

Today I planned on singing the two songs I’ve been rehearsing during my 12 month absence from my music club, due to Covid, floods and border closure at what would have been my 5th OM. It’s the same two that you heard a month ago when the OM was cancelled because the venue was flooded. Did my hair, put on the make-up, frocked up and off I went, feeling calm and looking forward to it.

The board was full when I got there. When I asked the MC who is also the president of the club if he could squeeze me in, he was doubtful.

I’m disappointed. :no_mouth:

1 Like

:flushed: :flushed: :flushed: NOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Sweet mother offffff…I feel so bad for you,… :cry:
A big hug from me… :sunflower: :hatching_chick: :tiger: :bat:

1 Like

Really gutted for you Maggie, I know you had been looking forward to this one after such a long time. Bummer ! But you’ll live to fight another day.

Is it a matter of being one of the first to turn up or can you sign up in advance ? Just thinking of next time.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Time to set up your own music club :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Maggie, that was rather good!
Very enjoyable to listen to and most amusing, I bet you weren’t amused at the time :joy:; hope that they either sorted someone suitable out or gave you a decent raise!

@TheMadman_tobyjenner It’s a first come first served deal. I had no hope yesterday as the board was full 15 minutes before the OM started. I’ve written to the committee raising some of my concerns.

Better yet, I’m searching for some other OM venues closer to home.

@Jozsef that’s a good suggestion.

@DarrellW Um, I’m not quite clear what you’re referring to, the OM that didn’t happen, the videos of the OM I didn’t get to last month because it was cancelled or the OM I didn’t play at yesterday because the board was full?

From what I recall its a fair way from your doorstep, so even worse to travel all that way to find it full. Bet it keeps the local happy though :poop: unless you camp out the night before !!

1 Like

@TheMadman_tobyjenner what a good memory you have Toby. Yes it can be as much as a 1.5 hour trip each way, depending on roadworks and traffic.

It was Hearts, I just really like your humour and the way it was put together.

1 Like

Blimey that is a long drive in order to be told you can’t make it, load of @#%^ ! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I think in this time and age not having any online sign up forms telling you if there is still capacity to host other performers is ridiculous, hopefully you find some better place nearby.

1 Like

@DarrellW thankyou so much for your comments, you are so very encouraging.

1 Like

@adi_mrok it’s a small organization run by volunteers. As it is they are struggling to find enough people to run the OMs and jams and stuff they have on offer. I’ve sent the committee an email asking if we could sort something out to accommodate people like me who travel a fair distance. I haven’t found any other OMs that would suit me as yet. There are quite a few OMs in pubs, but I’m not extroverted or loud enough to take on that crowd and some of my songs wouldn’t suit at all.

This made me laugh, you’re sounding so Pommy :laughing:

2 Likes

Ha! That was great! Deliciously naughty! Your playing is effortless and your interpretation is joyous. Love this. Going to have to search back through some more of your offerings now.

1 Like

@saturno that’s generous of you to say Claudia, thankyou. I’m re-working Hearts atm, playing around with a harmony track and maybe some hand held percussion. I’ve also cleaned up the rhythm. You’re making marvelous progress with your music.