#BBP - What Is It, Who is it and Why Does It Exist ? Your Questions Answered

This reminds me a bit of the ā€˜storm in a teacupā€™ when Justin introduced the Class of ā€™23
(The FB platform was one concern, but also a sense of separation/exclusiveness in the community :thinking:)
One of my favourite aspects of this forum is the sense of inclusiveness, irrespective of how advanced you are or how long youā€™ve been here :smiley:
Watching a separate group and smaller groups within that evolve, esp. when they are folk we like and admire, does leave me with a sense of FOMO.
Donā€™t get me wrong, I know Iā€™d be welcome (but also know itā€™s not my cup of tea).
For all those feeling ā€˜excludedā€™, please bear in mind that the bloominā€™ Blimmers (including the BBP) are funding your free guitar tuition and Community platform :wink:
Cheers lads, and back to the bluesā€¦

5 Likes

You may be forgetting we were actively encouraged to create Study Groups by Justin at the start of the course. Plus there were no guide line per se, just a strong recommendation to do so and no suggestion who to include or not. That was down to each individual student, if that was something they wanted or needed to do.

And I would have been happy to field any questions via a DM, so please bear that in mind folks in the future as, I am not wasting another dayā€™s practice and recording time.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi Toby,
No, I have certainly not forgotten this, and it is not at all a complaint or anything against you or your group from my side , I am just saying how it comes across to some people when you personally inviting people to a small group without an open invitation simply gives that to some people that feeling what also Brian discribes ā€¦I think itā€™s the same thing with slightly different words, right?
I am 100% happy with what you are doing ,no reason for discussion as far as Iā€™m concerned, just a small side note for the more sensitive people to try to understand a littleā€¦ this is now being made way too bigā€¦ something about that storm in a cup of tea glass saying :blush:

Greetings , And yes lets play :guitar: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Donā€™t forget the hats! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I think that no more need be said.

It has all been covered. And the overall discussion has impacted the well being of at least one of our most respected and supportive friends.

Toby - I advise that you literally ignore this topic for at least the next 48 hours.
Hopefully it will fade away.

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thatā€™s a very useful answer @Socio. I didnā€™t feel my skills (nor my budget) were ready for the initial Blues Immersion and decided to focus on becoming a more competent ā€œadvanced beginner.ā€ Your thoughts make me think perhaps Iā€™ll be ready for the next offering. Plus I really want @TheMadman_tobyjenner to teach me the #BBP secret handshake!

Toby, it sounds to me like youā€™ve got the blues. Great opportunity for some new music! Could be the lead track on the BBP Under the Radar releaseā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got to be totally honest, I know what BLIM is, I have no idea what BBM is, and all this other stuff really just passed me by. Takes me back to being at work when everyone wanted to know what the latest gossip was and I never had a clue what was going on! Maybe I should get on the forum a bit more regularly or try and work out how to use it more effectively or something I donā€™t know.
Ignorance is bliss as far as Iā€™m concerned. Iā€™m just a simple soul really.

:face_with_monocle::wink::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:speak_no_evil: :zipper_mouth_face: :person_shrugging:

1 Like
1 Like

Toby,
It is sad that you lost the enthusiasm to do your BLIM Mid course update, I for one would really like to see that. I hope you get the energy back.

It has been very apparent that everyone involved in BLIM has been very consumed by itā€™s activities. It would be great to learn of your thoughts and see how your playing has improved through the class.

When it opened up I know I was very interested, but also daunted, particularly when much more accomplished players like yourself doubted you had the pre-requisite skills. It is probably FOMO or jealousy watching others go on a journey that you didnā€™t.

It would be great to hear how different people felt about that journey, before the next one opens up.

People have different methods of learning, total immersion sounds daunting, but is apparently very effective. What should those of us on the beginner slopes expect when we get ready to go for those black diamonds? or are we better to keep the future BLIMā€™s as a distant dream, so that we enjoy the trip of a lifetime when we embark.

Certainly had no worries about #BBP, I thought I heard what it was once at an OM.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and seeing the progress soon, as you are alays supportive, instructive and helpful to the community.

1 Like

I have been away and having not worked out how to ā€˜quoteā€™ on the forums using my mobile phone (Iā€™m back on my pc) wanted to add that thisā€¦

ā€¦ sums up the reasons why I didnā€™t join BLIM. At the moment I donā€™t have the ability, agility and confidence to invest the large sum of money required for BLIM & having seen this The Madmanā€™s Diaries - The Blues Chapters - Chapter Five - BLIM Half Term Report Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ll ever get there to be honest, but Iā€™ll keep plodding on!!

In my view there is no reason to apologise for the use of the hash tag BBP.

4 Likes