Before You Accuse Me by Eric Clapton Lesson

Learn to play Before You Accuse Me by Eric Clapton on JustinGuitar!

View the full lesson at Before You Accuse Me by Eric Clapton | JustinGuitar

Best online lessons available, period. I’ve played as a hobby for decades but got more serious about it when I retired a year ago. I brushed through a number of beginner lessons, but watched them all. I would suggest experienced players do the same because I’ve picked up some valuable tips from lessons you might feel are below your abilities. Keep up the good work Justin.

1 Like

good lesson

fun lesson. The app has an error on end to the poregession, staying on e7 instead of changing to b7.

After learning the solo in the level 2 blues lesson, I wish this had Guitar Pro file to go with it. Makes it so much easier!

The tab that’s given, does it relate much to the lesson? It doesn’t seem to be the same version. Is it the full licks and Clapton fills rather than Justin’s simplified intro on the video?

I am a little confused. Justin does the Blues Shuffle in A for the lesson, and here he is doing the shuffle in E. How do you know it’s in A or E when the shuffle involves just the two strings at a time? Hope my querstion makes sense.

hi @jujumu

If you run thru the free part of the music theory lessons, you’ll get the answer (i think. :slight_smile: )

Justing is doing a traditional 1,4,5 blues in E, so that means he is starting with E, then going to A, then to B. Check out the 12 bar blues lesson for the progression details: https://www.justinguitar.com/guitar-lessons/12-bar-blues-progressions-bg-1303

The shuffle is the E “chunka” which is E plus B or C# , then A plus E or F#. The last transition is into B7. That forms the 1,4,5 progression (E,A,B) and therefore we know it is in E.

hope that helps.

Any reason why this can’t be played with 7th chords (E7, A7 & B7) as Justin shows in https://www.justinguitar.com/guitar-lessons/12-bar-blues-progressions-bg-1303#discussion

Sure, you could play it that way. But the chunka-chunka rhythm is what is heard on the original recording.

OK, but what fingering do you use for E7, A7 & B7?

@Stuartw check out @Notter AVoYP as I’m sure he played it using the chords and it sounded good.

1 Like

I’ve had a look at that thanks and that is exactly how I play it. Well apart from the singing that is as I don’t!

So that’s the chunka chunka rhythm. Was getting this confused with the shuffle rhythm.

1 Like

Crikey James I’m surprised you pulled that out of the memory bank!!

@Stuartw you ask about the fingering above, that all good for you?