Beginner with Amp Nux MP-2

Hi All,

I’ve only been playing for just over two weeks and I want to start using my amp…
It’s a Nux MP-2 Mighty Plug…will be using headphones.
All I want is some basic settings so I hear the notes as I play a song or practice my chord changes.
As you can appreciate there are numerous settings on these little amps LOL and I’ve no clue where to start.
Tried to watch YouTube video’s but they all seem geared towards more advanced players…

Any help and suggestions, greatly appreciated

1 Like

Hi Rachel. Have a look at these previous posts, they might help.
NAD - NuX Mighty Plug Pro (MP-3)

NGD - Nux MightyPlug

3 Likes

Hi Rachel,

what is probably most useful for you is that you choose a “clean” sound on your mini amp. A sound without distortion, heavy delay, etc. Because this way you will spot best if you fret the chords correctly.

If I remember correctly, channel 1 (the green one) provides a clean sound. No configuration is needed. I also have such a device at home and I mainly use the green channel.
This little headphone amp is so handy especially during evening times.

7 Likes

Hi,

Thank you the info, it works great, just what i needed. Allows me to listen to the notes, the music while I’m practicing.
Happy Days :slight_smile: :grinning:

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Hi Rachel, if you haven’t already tried it, I recommend the Mightier Amp app for the MP2. It is easier to use that the standard Nux app and has built in tuner. You can store your preferred amp settings in your own categories so it makes it easy to switch to settings for specific songs (you’ll appreciate this ability as you expand your playing🙂). Also the drum/metronome has a training beat mode where you can set the bpm to increase gradually. Handy when practicing your scales.

2 Likes

Hi Dave,

I did install the Mighty Amp app when I got it and it works great :+1:
Thanks for the reply

Hi Rachel. Just to clarify, there are two apps available for the MP2.
The MightyAmp app and the MightierAmp app. The latter is much better. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi Dave,

I’ll have a look at the Mightier App, only thought there was the one

2 Likes