NGD - Nux MightyPlug

NGD!
Just bought a NUX MP-2 Mighty Plug headphone amplifier, after some research. Absolutely blown away by this thing.
I needed a solution for what I call “focused noodling” outside my structured guitar practice. I usually do all my structured practice in the “music room” on the electric, and usually play the acoustic on the lounge. Needed a solution where I could easily pick up the electric, amplified, and play it anywhere and anytime. This little gem has solved that problem, and much more on top of that.
The tones and variety out of this little unit are unbelievable, at least for my novice ears. With 13 amp models, 20 IRs, and 19 effects, the possibilities are endless. Has an acoustic “simulator” channel too, which sounds awesome. The sounds are crystal clear with zero background noise.
Via bluetooth, you can control it via a phone app, can play along/ improvise with backing tracks, even functions as a basic audio interface for recording. Cant believe all this is packed into this device for $110AUS.
My actual guitar amp is also from NUX - a Mighty8BT - has been a great basic first amp for me, and has taught me alot about the basics of things like reverb, delay, modulation etc. This headphone amp is next level though for me as far as amp models, IRs, effects etc. Can see a few late nights ahead as I read up on this stuff, and learn how to utilise them. Will probably also be hassling some of you more experienced folk with questions :crazy_face:

Cheers,
Shane

6 Likes

Sounds like your having loads of fun with your new toy Shane.
Just a word of warning. My son who will be 40 this year has started to develop tinnitus due to practising guitar through headphones at too high a volume. Take care!

Yeah thanks Gordon, will do.:slightly_smiling_face:

Looks great, Shane, enjoy it.