BellX1 - Rocky took a lover

This is a song from Irish band BellX1 called Rocky took a lover from 2006. The background to this song originates from when the band lived in Smithfield in Dublin. They became friendly with a homeless guy in the area who used to be a pretty decent amateur boxer , and had the nickname Rocky (can’t imagine where that came from :joy:). Early one morning they came out to find Rocky sleeping rough and together with a lady friend. The song is basically the band’s interpretation of how their conversation went that morning.

Thanks for listening.

16 Likes

That was great Eddie. Lovely song, played and sung with feeling. Nice one !
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks Toby! Your feedback is always appreciated!!!

1 Like

Wow, Eddie, that was really good!! You were not just playing and singing but truly conveying the depth of the story. And thanks for the background factoids. Well done for sure.

Thanks Dave for your encouraging feedback and thanks for taking the time to listen :headphones: and comment!

Hey Eddie that was fabolous, your calm voice really matched the song and made it most pleasant experience. Great back story really dig the idea for the song’s lyrics, always admire people who can come up with this stuff based on such a simple observation.

Btw I can only imagine how this lyrics would go if Brian decided to have a go at it :laughing: all the best Eddie!

1 Like

Another fabulous performance shared, Eddie.

You are picking your songs so well. They suit your voice. Take you to place where I sense you really feel the songs and that emotional connection comes through every time.

Your playing is spot on, chord work, strumming with feel and dynamics.

I can’t offer you tips on performance, you’re beyond where I can offer suggestions. In terms of making the recording, I suggest holding the final moment after you’ve finished the song for a few more seconds, I wanted to just sit in that moment, in the mood, and you went swiftly to turn of the camera.

1 Like

Hey Eddie that was another Stellar Performance. As @DavidP says you pick the songs so well. It’s clear that you really know who you are as a performer. The vocals and playing were really good and you brought across story really well.

1 Like

Man, you helping make a great start to my Saturday morning. Love it!

1 Like

Thanks Adrian. I am really glad you enjoyed it! I do love a song with a story and a good background. This band is not terribly well known outside of Ireland so I wasn’t sure when posting if many would check it out. Thanks for doing that and for commenting :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks so much David for your encouraging comments. I am trying to improve my performing so am glad to get your advice on how I finish. I appreciate you taking the time to listen :headphones: and provide feedback. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks James. I really appreciate your feedback and for taking the time to listen. I wasn’t sure how many people would check this out as the band is not very well known so thanks for doing so!

1 Like

Thanks Scott! I appreciate you taking the time to listen :headphones: and comment and it’s always a bonus if I can make your Saturday morning better​:sunglasses:. Thanks again for listening!!

Never heard of this band/song, but this was absolutely awesome Eddie.
It came across with a lot of feeling and emotion in the way that you sung and played it.
Great performance mate.

1 Like

Great Job Eddie, I enjoy being introduced to music I wouldn’t necessarily hear. I agree with other comments that this song really fits your vocals, and your guitar work was excellent.

1 Like

Thanks so much Sandro. I appreciate your feedback and encouragement! And thank you for taking the time to listen :headphones: and comment. Cheers mate!

Thanks so much Mark! I appreciate you taking the time to listen and to comment. I wasn’t sure how this one would go down but the feedback has been really encouraging. Thanks again for the listen :headphones:!

Hi Eddie,
That was again a calm and wonderful song, :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet: … I’m also very curious what happens when you throw your hair in the air and start rocking :sunglasses: :grin:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Eddie, thanks for sharing such a beautiful song and the story behind it. Both your playing and singing are faboulus with so much feeling!

1 Like

Terrific performance Eddie, played and sung with a nice touch and feel. Vocals in a perfect spot for your range it sounded like, enjoyed that alot! :clap:

1 Like