Better man - Pearl Jam

Well a bit late as ever, was supposed to be my final video in 2021 but became a first video of 2022 :smile: well at least in the US it’s still old year so let’s compromise and say I made it in some parts of the world :grinning:

It was another challenging year in my life, filled with little bumps on the road but also full of joy and acomplished goals - just like my guitar journey!

This one is a second song I did on OM5 but I needed to trim it out from final cut as distortion was unbearable for anyone to go through it (or go through it again). Now it’s better, a handful of imperfections but hey, that’s life - not everything is perfect :grinning:

Wish you all a Happy 2022! :champagne:

20 Likes

That was great, Adrian! Guitar was strong as usual, and I always like your vocals but I think they particularly shine here.

Btw it’s 10:33 my time, so you could say you got your last song of 2021 and your first song of 2022 at the same time :smiley:

Happy New Years to you, looking forward to a new year filled with music :guitar:

1 Like

Thanks Mari yes one advantage of timezones is that I can say I published one video across two different years at the same time :grinning: thanks for nice comments, grateful as ever! :heart:

1 Like

Fully agree. Very well done

1 Like

Excellent Adrian, very nicely played and vox, you really made a great job of it!

1 Like

It’s 1:10AM here - this was a great way to ring in the new year!
Very well done Adrian! As usual, your playing was outstanding and vocal were excellent!
So much more enjoyable than the OM5 rendition :wink:
Thanks for posting this to help us wrap up 2021 and kick off 2022.

1 Like

Another great listen, Adrian. You really do have a great voice, as well as playing guitar very nicely. Not a song I know but a very enjoyable listen. :+1:

1 Like

Happy New Year Adrian and a great start to it with this song! Nicely played, sung and recorded.

1 Like

Good stuff Adrian. I give you a 21 or even a 22 out of 10 on this. :wink:

2 Likes

Awesome, Adrian; I love to hear a musician going for it, and you delivered, here.

1 Like

That was fantastic Adrian! Man, you nailed the finger style to strumming so fluidly and your singing was great. Happy New Year.

1 Like

Nice! I can actually make out the words when you sing them, which is something I can’t say for the original. So in that sense I think you nailed it. Dug the little twangy harmonic thing at the end. Well done sir!

1 Like

Thanks Tom, yes I know couldn’t live with the OM version and how bad my setup went wrong so needed to make it justice this time :grinning: thanks for listen.

So kind Richard, many thanks! :grinning:

Thanks Clint, this actually made me laugh cause you are not the only one who says that :grinning:

Many thanks to all of you for the listen, you guys are stars :star2:

Really glad you posted this up Adrian. As I said before, I liked the performance at the open mic (it actually inspired me to put some Pearl Jam on since then, which I don’t think I’ve done before as an adult) so it’s great to see a version that’s as you intend it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well,
I am answering in 22 from the USA… Ha, I am trying to figure out if you are late or I am?

No big… I don’t think I have heard this one. That is really bad on my part since the band came from around my parts!

Nice vocals Adi! Good play as well. Tonewise I think the guitar could be a tad more robust. But that is a subjective one I think.

Great job and keep up the rock’n ways!
LB

1 Like

I love your imperfect perfection Adi. Ooooh some very nice vocal tonal character evident in places It’s been a big year for you no doubt. Wishing you joy in all you do and are for 2022.

1 Like

I really enjoyed that Adi, great playing and vocals. You make it look so easy.

I’m looking forward to your 2022 offerings.

1 Like