Black Keys - Lonely Boy (Cover by JK)

Great job on this one again JK! I can certainly see how this is trickier than it looks / sounds, but handled with your customary aplomb :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool cover! How did you pull off the dive in the intro riff? Is that some kind of pitch shifter / octave pedal? I’ve seen others simulate it by bending the string before the nut, like Black Sabbath does in Iron Man, but it’s not the same thing. This sounds closer to the original.

1 Like

Thanks for checking it out @LBro, and checking it out again @Notter!

Yep, it’s a pitch shifter with an expression pedal. It’s around a 1 octave dive bomb.

1 Like

Thought it was great at the OM and it’s great to get another listen. You did a cracking job with the one JK.

Was that your new pedal that you used on this one?

1 Like

Great cover

1 Like

Very impressive and enjoyable JK, well done sir :+1:

1 Like

Sounded awsome JK!! Really impressed, vocals were ace, same with tour guitar. Cool take on a very cool song :metal:

1 Like

Thanks @SgtColon @Mark76 @MadModMcd and @tRONd

Yep, that was my new pedal :wink:

1 Like

Thought i commented on this. Guess internet bugged. Great performance man keep it up!

1 Like

Hey JK, I caught this one along with there she goes when you first published them but only getting around to commenting as I’ve been away. Two great covers. I particularly enjoyed Lonely Boy as not a song I’m familiar with so was a real treat. Both played very well and enjoyed the vocals on Lonely Boy. Well done mate.

1 Like

Glad I chose to listen to this again here. Really enjoyable. I wasn’t familiar with The Black Keys. I’ll have to go and learn more about them and listen to some more of their music thanks to you. Anyway, you played and sang really well. I truly enjoyed it.

1 Like

Nicely done sir ! Oh and fab at the OM as well.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Loved it! I actually never heard that song before, now I want to try singing it!

1 Like

Thank you @Bytron08 @Socio @pkboo3 @TheMadman_tobyjenner and @wiredforsound for checking out my cover, really appreciate the watch & comment! :slightly_smiling_face:

The Black Keys are modern garage blues rock, I love them. They do this song a bit differently to how I sang it, check them out.