Blues Immersion - Justin mentioned a blues course starting in June - could we please have some more info on that?

Hi everyone :kissing_heart::guitar:

I did a review videos of Strings i bought from Amazon Ernie ball and Daddario companies.

Bending on 10s in an acoustic guitar.

9s Daddario. Bending is too easy.

Gagan, thatā€™s great news for Kurt and Michael. :slight_smile:

Your test give hope to all acoustic players that are interested in Blues Immersion. It might be a little bit harder at the beginning, but you show that there are also some string solutions to make it easier without compromising too much the tone.

Hi Mathieu. What guitar you playing?

I have 2 electric guitars (prs mccarty and fender strat) and 1 acoustic Seagull guitar. I will try one of your recommandation for my acoustic strings.

Hey JK,

Is there such a course info page on Justins site? Stuffed if I can find it.

Can u please shoot us the link to the page. Website search engine isnt bringing it up ( not surprising, pre 2000 tech). Even did a
site:operator search via Google. No luck.
Thanks.

Cheers, Shane

@sclay It was displayed at the top of the page when i logged into the forum and when I logged into the lessons website (not the karaoke app). I hope that helps.

Thank you everyone for the great insights and lively discussion. But I think Iā€™m going to leave the Martin Lifespan 2.0 phosphor bronze 12 lights on my Martin 000-15m as they sound amazing.

I donā€™t think there is course page yet. If you go to subscribe for updates on the course, you have a course explanation on that page.

Good. Bending makes it easier. :guitar::kissing_heart:

I got there from a banner that popped up - looks like itā€™s not a normal site page, the mail chimp link @Boris1565 posted is the go.

Shane are you on the Newsletter mailing list ? Its been bumped on that for the last few months with links provided.

:sunglasses:

This below is from the last info :

Youā€™ll have lifetime access to the course materials (but not the live classes) after our 6-month coaching periodā€¦

Greetings

1 Like

Two weeks left before the registration. Itā€™s great that we will have access to a preparation module once we register.

Right now, I am planning to do a blitz in my grade 4 study in preparation of the registration.

Most of our questions are now answered in the FAQ https://www.justinguitar.com/faq/blues-immersion/

500$ USD. Ouch ! The canadian dollars is not making me any favor, it almost adds an extra 200$ on top of it. :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Itā€™s nice to have a lot of the information now. It ends up that it wonā€™t be for me, my focus is acoustic guitar. I do learn some stuff on electric to transfer over, but this particular course is primarily electric. Iā€™ll have to finish Justinā€™s Solo Blues Guitar course and then design my own learning program for acoustic blues. And I agree on the ouch factor, including the Cdn exchange rate!

I read the FAQs for the Blues Immersion course from the link in the note by @math07. I think it will be a great program. Iā€™m disappointed in MYSELF that I havenā€™t progressed sufficiently to participate, but itā€™s my own fault. Had I not procrastinated the past 5 months, I would be completing level 3 now as recommended. But it gives me a goal to be ready for a future iteration of the course. Best wishes to all who will participate!

Iā€™m not so worried about having not completed G3 yet as I have delved deeper into blues in more depth on detour. Though not sure that I can commit the time and the transcribing would be a pitfall for me :thinking: I might just focus on Justinā€™s Blues Guitar Style Course and see how things go for the next enrollment if there is one.

That sounds very interesting Mari. Iā€™ve been slowly working my way through a book series.

2 Likes

Iā€™m kind of in the same boat as you Kurt, Iā€™ve been dallying around grade 3 for probably 8 months but havenā€™t dedicated enough into proper practice and just been doing songs. Whilst not a bad thing it has made me question if I should hold off on a course like this.

Plenty of content to look at in the meanwhile anyway but Iā€™ll look at this as a lesson and take the incentive to get structured again!

Quite a few aspects regarding interactions look similar to that Justinā€™s ā€œClass of 23ā€ FB group that I loved. I learned a lot there and it did amazing things for my motivation.

I can just imagine how good this will be when coupled with the monthly structured Blues programme and interactions from classmates/teachers.

Thanks for the FAQ page, itā€™s definitely helpful to know what to expect. I hope I manage to secure a spot next week then! It wouldnā€™t hurt to get an early bird discount either :slight_smile: .

Admittedly, I was expecting to be at least 2-4 times more expensive and almost gave up on it due to some unexpected expenses. But now I am all excited again!