Breathe/Time/Breathe Reprise by Pink Floyd

Hi ya fellow Justineer’s
I have always loved theses songs by Pink Floyd
Been trying to come up with an arrangement on my acoustic guitar that will work at my gigs.
All feedback welcome.
[https://youtu.be/FVvLPQvJs2o?si=AGSwH0r8xnGJZ425]

12 Likes

You have good taste, Sir :smiley:
They are fab songs and I never thought of what they’d sound like with an ‘upbeat tempo’
You’ve put a lot of thought and work into this production, and the result is cool.
I particularly liked the transition from Breathe into Time
The percussion was a tad prominent for my taste, but I think in a public performance setting that might be a good thing.
Well done. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Well played Ron … :clap::clap::clap:

Always good to hear new arrangements, and you did this rather well.

Thanks for sharing … :sunglasses:

1 Like

Stunning performance and arrangement, Ron! :clap:

I’m pretty sure this will work out great for your live gigs - most enjoyable listen! :smiley:

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thank you Brian.
I really appreciate the feedback.
Re the drums I will take that into account.
Cheers

Thank you so much for the feedback. It is nice to know that my arrangement is working.

Lisa that’s great to hear.
Thank you so much.

1 Like

Loved these arrangements Ron. Well done.

1 Like

Nice Ron, love Pink Floyd and this was very nicely done, just love that heavy phaser (I think) sound :+1::+1:

1 Like

That was very cool, Ron!
Was the backing vocals pre-recorded or done with a harmonizer?

1 Like

Bravo!! :clap::clap: This is from my favorite Pink Floyd album. Excellent production, this had to take a lot of work. It was so interesting to hear an acoustic guitar sound like that.

1 Like

Thank you Gordon. And thank you for the feedback.

Hi ya Craig. Thanks for that. Yes it is a phaser fx using a Line6.

1 Like

Thank you Jacob.
The harmonies were done using a TC Helicon Play Acoustic pedal.

Hi Mark.
Thanks for the feedback.
It is my favorite album as well.
Never thought I could cover any of the songs from it but I have got there.

Fantasically original take on some sacred classics - expertly executed. Loved it!

1 Like

I am so pleased you liked my version and mix Phil.
Thank you for the feedback.

You excelled yourself as usual Ron ! Nice to see these done on acoustic, think it work really well and a seemingly invisible switch from one to the other !
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Nicely done Ron.
A very enjoyable listen for sure. And I agree, this will work well for your gigs.

Interesting. So that’s what a phaser sounds like when it’s in a song.
I got a phaser pedal. It’s one of my few pedals (6 tone changing, 3 in use) I put back in my desk drawer as I couldn’t figure out what song I should use it on.
I’m not big on just playing around with different effects. Hence, it just didn’t get used and I saw no point in it taking up valuable space on the floor. I put a tuner pedal in its place.
While It’s a cool effect. ‘For me’. It takes away from the guitar itself. There are just so many effects used and available. I just get overwhelmed. I just wanna hear my guitar w/o much effect. It’s just me.

I’m just partial to hearing a guitar. In this version, I near can’t tell it is a guitar if I didn’t see you playing it. Maybe it’s not supposed to sound like a guitar even?

imho, perhaps, tone down your phaser to a point where you can hear it’s a guitar? Maybe just a little? Your call, your song, my thoughts.
My comment is just food for thought as maybe that’s the way its supposed to sound with the heavy phaser. I don’t know.
I just felt the guitar is just a shade washed out (from the phaser I assume) for lack of a better term.

I don’t listen to much pink floyd anymore, but for sure I’ve heard these songs. You covered them very well. Phaser seems like the right choice for a pedal from my memory of that song. Your singing is very well done and that harmony bit works very good.
You sing good.

Take my comment with a grain of salt please, I just dig the sound of a guitar w/o much effect, so I’m likely a bad person to comment on whether it’s to washed or is just right. It’s just how I hear it.

Very well done!
More please!

1 Like

Really great set up all around. Everything sounded and looked great. Great vocals! (Cool Canvas on the wall!)

I’m not really familiar with Pink Floyd. I know the name but not the music. But your Reprise of this song was so enjoyable.

1 Like