Brian Larsen - October 2022 - 6.45 (Firewater) + Laissez Faire (David Ackles) + My Sister's Tiny Hands (Handsome Family) + In The Dutch Mountains (The Nits)

Still waiting (After our first conversation:grin: )

It’s about the (child)singer who sits in the classroom, looks at the map on the wall and sees the Netherlands and everything around it is white on the global map…and he assumes that’s the outside world he doesn’t know or has ever seen and that it’s all mountains are from where the colors/lines stopped…
(they started the drug early in their lives there in amsterdam :grin:)

:angry: :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :scream: :scream: :scream: :alien:…and, :joy:
Greetings,…

1 Like

When folks learn their chords and develop a sense of rhythm, they can learn/play a lot of songs fairly quickly. That is the mantra here, play songs and songs and more songs. There is no shame in it.

I liked this one a lot. Very nice toe-tapper. A lot of mileage from Am-G and an F thrown in. Well done sir Brian!

Nice one Brian! You are knocking them out at a rate of knots at the moment.

Great rhythm to this and gave me a pick-me-up that I needed today. You are really hitting your stride on this one, Brian. Totally enjoyed the listen.

Great stuff again Brian. Once more a song I hadn’t heard before and having lived for 9 years in the Netherlands , well the title peaked my interest. Your vocals were excellent on this one as was the rhythm and it really got me going and tapping along.
Superb performance!

Nice vibe to this one Brian, you’re certainly treating us with your postings this last week! Yet another tune I’m not familiar with so my educational journey continues :wink:

Hi Brian,
This has a nice steady vibe to it and to me it ranks as one of your best. The fast tempo and slowdown are interesting to me. High marks for the stop timing on this one. If I had to pick on thing to take away and remember, it would be the fast tempo and breaks…

All the best to you,
LB

Hello Brian, wow, this is superb :star_struck::clap::+1:.
As a child of the 70s I’m old enough to know (and love) this song :sweat_smile:.
You played it so well and with great lightness. Additionally, your voice suited fantastic :smiley:.
A great pleasure listening to it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

The man’s on a roll ! Guess we watched different shows on MTV as I don’t recall this being on Headbangers Ball. But something vaguely familiar with the progression and rhythm, which means I am drifting back to the late 60s again. I do remember The Nits but only the ones the kids brought home from skool. Never the less, that was another jolly romp delivered with your ever increasing aplomb ! Chappeau Sire.
:sunglasses:

Brian, I know you live in fear of one day accidentally playing top 40 stuff everyone has heard of. No fear of that, this one was super obscure to me :joy:. Like usual.

Loved it though. Actually I think this was your best work. Singing top notch, playing great. The drum beat you whipped up suited it too.

The sneaky cameo of our rock n rolling Roger was well done!

You are spot on, Sir1
My ‘learning path’ leads to very gradual improvement in technique and ability.
However, following the ‘songs’ mantra means I’ve become much quicker at learning new songs. I’m not too perturbed about practice making my flaws permanent. If we stick with it long enough, those idiosyncrasies can become endearing signature moves :laughing:
Having said that, I’m moving out of my little box and trying a fingerstyley one next :wink:
Always good to hear your thoughts. Cheers.

@oldhead49 What a moving comment in just two lines :smiley:
Much appreciated, Dave. You take care of yourself and your loved ones.

@Eddie_09 Cheers, man
9 Years in the NL!
Are you sure you ever lived in Wexford? :rofl:

1. Beware support fatigue :wink:
  2. my raison d’être :laughing:

@LBro Thank you, Brother!
I’d like to take credit for that, but the original laid down the template, which I then mess around with. I did spend a little more time finding suitable settings on the Trio+. Sometimes that pays off, sometimes just ends in frustration. We were lucky on this one.
Keep on rockin’ :sunglasses:

@NicoleKKB Vielen Dank!
Yes, definitely a more continental flavour here
I’m glad it was recognisable :laughing:

@TheMadman_tobyjenner Ah, blessed are those who remember the 60’s… :laughing: :innocent:
Indeed, I was the nominated ‘delouser’ in our household. I’d be happy never to see another nit-comb in my life :roll_eyes:
I’ll take jolly romp all day long :smiley:

@jkahn cheers mate, much appreciated.

It’s the little things in life that give me pleasure :smiley:

3 Likes

Late to the party. The man pulls another one out of his drawer and delivers another fantastic performance of a song I’ve never heard before in my life. I particularly liked the bit about that stellar member of the community.

2 Likes

Haha, I think I responded to this comment in the wrong thread (referencing Cana :laughing:).
Never mind- cheers for all your listens and comment, James.
Much appreciated.

It’s a fine line between dissing and feeding the trolls… :rofl:

1 Like

:thinking:
The moderators already deleted a post from me yesterday,…apparently I stepped on someone’s delicate soul (I totally disagree with it by the way)…now my hands are itching but “scared” for a 2nd interference… :innocent:

1 Like

Haha, I’m sorry I missed that :rofl:
I accept heavy duty insults via DM :wink:

1 Like

:rofl: :joy:
or just one like this :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::grin:

1 Like

Hi Brian,

A real foot tapper this one.

Love the vocal - totally in the zone.

Guitar sounds brill.

I reckon you could do a great cover of Tribute (Tenacious D)

Digger

Excellent stuff Brian. Made me smile, a lot.

3 in one week, I’ve not been around much lately, so no oversaturation for me. :smiley:

Will this be the first and last song in the AVOYP section with some yodelling in there? Loved it!

Well Brian, I have to start off with an apology. I’ve totally missed the last few songs in this thread and am about 3 months late to this party. :woozy_face:

All the quips and funnies have been said already by the others so I’ll just say a big well done to you for being so prolific and entertaining us all with your obscure songs.

Well played, well sung, well presented my friend.
No need to thank me for bumping your post back to the top!

Goodness Gordon, you should have left sleeping dogs lie… you’re making us all do homework here. Seeing as you bumped it I might as well give belated thanks to @Digger72 & @SgtColon :smiley:
I did actually have a look at Tribute :rofl: but a bit out of my league still.