Brrrr It’s Cold Out!

Interesting, I didn’t know that! And Thunder Bay-ites spend a lot of time in Minnesota!! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks, Mark :slight_smile: This was a really interesting read.

1 Like

I’ve heard it’s a bit chilly over there. I’m over in Michigan in the US, the state in the middle of all the Great Lakes. We haven’t dropped below about 16F at night, yet. (~-9C) I live just a few mils south of the 45th parallel. I suspect you are somewhere above that?

Stay warm!

Here in southern Minnesota we hit 6° F over night a few weeks ago, but mostly a very warm December. Now the cold is coming. They’re predicting below zero F a couple nights next week.

Yeah, they’re saying 20F for a high next weekend. We didn’t have any snow till New Years Eve. The last and only 1/2" was back in November. Strange weather.

Well, yes… It’s bit cold. Going to drop to -25C tonight. Just checked… somewhere between 60th and 61th parallel. Which makes the place where I live, located just a bit south of Anchorage, Alaska … In comparison.

Glad to live in Southern Finland though. In Lapland it has been seriously cold this week. Something like -46 C at some point, if I remember correctly…

Weirdly, there will apparently be plus degrees between Tuesday and Thursday, before the it’s then going back to -10C in below after that. Bit crazy like that this year…

That sounds horrific!

And there’s me walking around this morning thinking it’s a bit nippy.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

32c here today and it sucks. too hot.

1 Like

@majik @RobDickinson Hmm… Now you managed to make this sad and grey Finnish winter day even more grey and have me dreaming about sunny summer days :desert_island:

When I made my post it was -30C and -40C something in places located more North in Finland. Apparently that’s so normal in Finnish Lapland that they don’t even issue cold warnings anymore :cold_face:

Right now, it’s warm here. Only -4C anymore, when last weekend it had still been -20C. Supposed to go into plus degrees next week, which will mean a lot of work for emergency departments across the country since sidewalks and so will be just a bit icy and slippery :hospital:

Just about to deice the car, as we dropped from 10c yesterday to -3c this morning.
Warm ? Yeah right, had to chuckle ! :rofl: Guess everything is relative. :palm_tree: :palm_tree: :palm_tree: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake:

1 Like

It is :smiley: Just imagine how many, many people in Finland are suffering once it’s occasionally getting +30C or something in summer :parasol_on_ground:

1 Like