Bruce Springsteen - Reason to Believe

Hi all,
It’s been a few months since I posted anything so threw this one together after work today. It’s a one take from my porch so far from perfect but I hope anyone who listens enjoys.
The song is reason to believe by Bruce Springsteen which is the last track off the Nebraska album ,which in my opinion is his greatest album.

Thanks for the listen

21 Likes

Hi Eddie, what a joy to hear another Springsteen cover from you :smiley:.
So well played and sung :star_struck::+1::clap:.
Thanks a lot for sharing :hugs:.

1 Like

Eddie

Really enjoyed your version of a song I didn’t know. Well played and sung. The porch setting seems very appropriate for a track of Nebraska.

Brian

1 Like

Thank you Nicole and being a big Springsteen fan yourself I am glad you enjoyed it. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you Brian. I do enjoy the rawness and almost unfinished sound of a lot of the Nebraska album and I guess the porch is the perfect place to crack out a few of those old songs. Thanks for the listen and taking the time to comment. :sunglasses:

Hi Eddie, yse I don’t think I’ve seen one of yours for a while but I do remember that porch from a previous AVOYP :+1:.
Nicely done with the Boss’s song, I wasn’t familiar with it but nice gentle work on the strings, and love the verandah backdrop it works really well for me :+1:

1 Like

Hi Eddie,
What a relaxed start to this morning… those Springsteen songs fit you like Cinderella’s glass slipper :sunglasses: :clap: :man_bowing:
Greetings

1 Like

Morning (here!) Eddie, like Rogier this has been a great start to my morning with my first coffee of the day. Nice bass line rolling through it and I really do enjoy your vocals across the board.

The porch recordings are really becoming your thing, love it as a setting!!
Rock on sir :slight_smile: :guitar:

1 Like

Good afternoon (depends where you live)
Well plaid. Fits your voice very good.
Always good to hear some Bruce Springsteen covers.
Well done.

2 Likes

Well done Eddie. Good stuff. Love the ‘rawness’ of your one take porch performances.
Not that familiar with the boss’s stuff but I enjoyed your version of that one.

1 Like

Sounds amazing Eddie!!
You have a voice that is very very close to how Springsteen sings on that album. Loved every minute of it…

And yes. I agree, Nebraska is his best album :grin:

1 Like

Thank you Craig, glad you enjoyed it and I appreciate you checking it out :sunglasses:

Thanks Rogier. I guess if the shoe fits then why change it :joy:

1 Like

Cheers Mark, it’s a pretty quiet place to sit and has become one of my favorite places to sit and play. Difficult here in winter when it’s freezing but for now I will take it. Thanks as always for checking it out :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you Roland. I am glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks Gordon. That means a lot coming from the master of the one takes. I love listening to your one take Wednesdays.

1 Like

Cheers Trond. Yes I love how muddy and raw the Nebraska album is and each song has a story to tell and nobody takes you into a song / story like Bruce does. Thanks for the listen and the comment. :sunglasses:

What a cool rendition of a great song, Eddie! :clap:

Starting my after-work-evening really relaxed and in a good mood thanks to your cover. :smiley: Love me some good Springsteen and it’s fitting so well in the porch-setting. Well played and sung, I thoroughly enjoyed the listen.

Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Lisa, I am glad you enjoyed it and glad I could put you in a nice and relaxing mood. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Great job on the song.

1 Like