Burn For You by John Farnham cover

Hi ya All,
I have been busy practicing for a gig on the 30th of October so I haven’t done any new covers. However, I thought I would post an old cover I did of a John Farnham classic. John is an Aussie icon and has been sick recently. We all hope he makes a full recovery, John F has one of the most amazing voices you will ever hear. My version of Burn For You is a bit different to JF’s but I don’t have his voice. :joy::rofl::joy:. Hope you all enjoy this one and I look forward to all and any feedback as always. Keep strumming :guitar::guitar::guitar:

13 Likes

That was marvelous Ron. Playing and vocals were both excellent. Good luck with the upcoming gig. I don’t think you have anything to worry about!!!

1 Like

Thx Eddie. Just the nerves. :woozy_face:

1 Like

Excellent as always Ron. I am not familiar with it, but it is a beautiful song.

1 Like

On the opposite end from Mark, I am extremely familiar with this song (big nostalgia hit). That always was one of my favourites from Farnsy’s catalog. You crushed it Ron.

I’d like to hear your take on “See The Banners Fall”.

1 Like

Excellent.Great picking and vocal, which I especially liked. Good luck with the gig.

1 Like

Is it me Ron or do you just get better and better ? Maybe this was just one of those songs that was perfect for your vox, backed up as usual with some sublime pickin ! Very polished sir !
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Just a quick question, as I might go rogue at the next OM and dust one of the acoustics down (if I get a slot) are you just using the one mic or is that just for vox ?

2 Likes

WOW :exclamation: Goog picking. Goog left hand. Goog signing, intonation and style, soul. Inspiring. Thank you :smiley:

1 Like

That was superb Ron, so full of emotion. I take my hat off to you :tophat: :clap:t3: :clap:t3:

1 Like

Hey Ron, here’s some feedback: That was super!!! The Farmyard sure is an aussie icon. Very fondly remember seeing him in concert on the Gold Coast many years ago. Soo good to hear your take on this song.

1 Like

Thank you Mark. I am glad you liked it. If you are not familiar with John Farnham, do yourself a favor and look him up on YouTube. Especially Your The Voice. It will blow you away.

1 Like

Hey Brendan. Thanks mate. I will take your suggestion and give it a go. :+1:

Appreciate the feedback Trevor. Thank you. I am looking forward to the gig but I am a bit nervous :grimacing:

Thanks Toby. I love the song and it does suit my voice where I keyed it.

1 Like

I am hooked up to the scarlet 2i2 guitar in one channel mic in the other. Obviously for that recording, the guitar was also being picked up through the condensate mic because of where I had it positioned.

Thank you so much Luc. Really appreciate the encouraging feedback.

1 Like

So pleased you enjoyed it Nancy. Thank you :grinning:

Hi Tony. Thanks mate. I have never seen him live. I would have loved too.

Hi Ron

The tone from that Maton is gorgeous. Your performance was flawless

1 Like