Bytron08 - August 2022 - Oasis, Soundgarden, Coldplay, some bass guitar & more

Heres another bass cover guys! This one was harder than jumping jack flash but i pulled it off except at the end i kinda fumbled Lol. Hope yall enjoy! Sweet Dreams Eurythmics Bass Cover - YouTube

2 Likes

Hello Byron,
Thanks for your video :slightly_smiling_face:.
To be honest, Iā€™m quite new on my guitar journey and Iā€™ve no clue about bass guitar :sweat_smile:, but nevertheless I wanted to say, that I really enjoyed your performance :grinning:.
Playing Bass seems to be much more complex, than I thought it would be :flushed:.

Hey Nicole! Thank you so much! Dont worry, this was a really difficult piece for me at the beginning. Dont sweat and just keep at it. Since your a new beginner i suggest looking at a song like wild thing on a regular guitar.

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™ll definitely stick to the easy songs for now. But my songbook ist full of 'dreamers" :sweat_smile:.

Awesome!! :slight_smile:

Man this is so awesome guys. I think i love the bass just as much as my acoustic lol. I shoulda got into it along time ago. But this is the 2nd day of me playing on a bass. My bro has been learning and playing all day and hes catching on pretty quick! :slight_smile: Cant wait till we can actually jam together. Couple mistakes but not to bad. Cheers! Hope you guys like! Jumpin Jack Flash Bass Cover - YouTube

2 Likes

Woops meant to put in the backtrack link if anyones interested! Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash backing track (Copycat) - YouTube Heres a good lesson on it. How To Play Bass Guitar To Jumping Jack Flash - Rolling Stones - YouTube

Nice jam along! Makes me wanna learn this song! Thanks for the links!

Thanks man!

Firstly, I just wanna thank Sandy because she inspired me to learn this one. Its a beautiful song and I can relate to it also. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI990jgGkvQ

3 Likes

My pleasureā€¦ And you learnt it in like a few minutes.

Hey guys so i just wanted to give this a try lemme know what you guys think, I tried to do it in a deep voice. Dave inspired me the way he played it so yeah! Hurt Differnt Voice Cover - YouTube

2 Likes

Sounds good to me.

Thank you mam! I just wanted to try something different lol.

Have you heard Johnny Cash sing it? It might help you if you like a deeper tone. I like it. Keep at it! I feel like your microphone should be nearer to you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes! But theres no way I could imitate that lol. When i first heard this song i cried like a baby, just because it rings true for me in my life. Maybe i need not strum the chords so hard so you guys can here my voice better. Thanks suzieq! :slight_smile: Love that song btw lol.

1 Like

Yeah Cash is deep! Itā€™s brave of you to post your singing at all. (I sound terrible to my own ears so Iā€™m a complete wimp!) You at least seem to have a decent voice to make use of. :smile:

Lol thanks suzie! Ive always have hated my voice but i enjoy singing and recording. I remember my first time recording a song and being so nervous about it lol. Now its just second nature.

1 Like

Thatā€™s great though to acclimate yourself and give yourself room to improve. :smiley: I hear what I think my voice is when Iā€™m singing but then I press record and itā€™s completely different!!! I donā€™t even know how that is possible. :laughing:Is that what they mean by tone deaf?

Iā€™m gonna be honest and frank.

I feel like you are forcing something, slacking your jaw,
as if oyu are keeping your jaw down but pulling your chin up a little

This isnā€™t you and I miss all authenticity.
It almost feels like a joke this way.

Be you, sing it like you are
from your heart, not trying to be somebody or something else.

This exact song and that reason kept me from recording it.
I want to honor it as me but I have a low and a higher register where this works and I just canā€™t decide.

2 Likes