Bytron08 - August 2022 - Oasis, Soundgarden, Coldplay, some bass guitar & more

Thanks Mat and sairs for the little history lesson! Very interesting!

1 Like

So is Annie the one that sings Sweet Dreams? I just listened to I only wanna be with you and ive heard it before! Great song also!!

1 Like

Bryson @Bytron08
Must confess I do like to do a bit of research on the songs I am learning. Here is another tit bit, when Channel 4 in the UK first started to show American Football in 1982 they used just the backing track over short highlights of games, very powerful effect.
I will keep quiet now but would ask if you have any other Eurythmics in mind to play.
Cheers Michael :guitar:

nicely played, I think this song really suited your style

Great song! I really enjoyed your cover - loved the picked runs
cute dog :slight_smile:

Thanks!!! Yeah Iā€™m quite happy how this cover turned out!! Lol yep sheā€™s my love bug haha. Thanks for the listen and comment!

2 Likes

Yes she is/was the lead vocalist in the Eurythmics. Sheā€™s Scottish born in Aberdeen.

1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome!! Thanks sairs! Very interesting

Sounds great! :smiley:

Nicely done! Great rhythm, picking runs, percussion, and a pet video!

Thanks guys for all your comments! Im happy you guys got some enjoyment in this and thanks for watching! Guess ima call it nighty night now, sweet dreams! :slight_smile: lol. My dogs name is lady and shes a mess. She was actually trying to get comfortable and sleep but she was like nope! Not with all this noise! haha!

That was really excellent! The picking arrangement and the little percussive taps are tasty. Did you come up with the arrangement yourself, or learn it from a lesson/tab? If you can give a link, Iā€™d love to learn to play it this way.

If youā€™re up for some constructive feedback on the recording, it seemed like your microphone (smartphone?) was being overwhelmed by the vocals when you went into the louder sections. I liked your dynamics, punching up the volume in the chorus, but it seems like the mic wasnā€™t able to keep up and the signal got really severely clipped.

Hey Byron,
This was niceā€¦ I liked the pick work and picked out notes. Great little runs there.

Hey, do you have more than 1 dog? I seem to recall a different one in other videos?

Keep up the vibe,
LB

Hi Byron,
That was sweetā€¦Like many loved the picking :sunglasses:ā€¦

And Hi @Inge_guitar29 ,Has the busy life claimed your attention again?.. Itā€™s good to have you back and I hope you kept playing in betweenā€¦

Greetings,Rogier

Thanks for the feedback direvus!! Yes i learned it through a video, but kinda did it in my own way also. I just added a couple of things like the percussion and the bluesy E chord note with your pinky on the 2nd string 3rd fretā€¦ I also kinda put a muted chug of the chords in there during my singing. Chrods are Am, F and E. I did put the capo on the 1st fret to suit my voice more, its orginally played on the 3rd fret. Cheers! Heres the video! SWEET DREAMS The Eurythmics EASY Acoustic Guitar Lesson @EricBlackmonGuitar - YouTube As far as my mic its a samson g track pro, guess i just had the recording volume up to loud. Thanks man!

1 Like

Thanks LBro for stopping by and listening! Lol! Yeah the other dog is my bros dog, she comes and hangs out with me sometimes. Shes a Pomsky, shes a mess to.

Thumbs up here too Byron, great adaptation of the song!

Thanks Notter!

Heres another lesson video on it if your interested. EZ Guitar Song Lesson Sweet Dreams Marilyn Manson version Only 3 chords - YouTube

Fun to watch you play that! Great tune. Great energy and playing!

Now I need to add the Eurythmics to my list of guitar ā€œto doā€. Sigh, the list is longer and more advanced than Iā€¦