Bytron08 - August 2022 - Oasis, Soundgarden, Coldplay, some bass guitar & more

You should watch that video and give it a go!!! :slight_smile: How long you been playing?

I am a little over 1.5 years, but have moved to classical and fingerstyle primarily. This may work well for me, but I found a fingerstyle version they blends the eurythmics and Manson versions. Look like I may give that a go. It may do well on a nylon classical guitar!

Nice man! Ive always have thought about learning fingerstyle… just never have got around to it lol. I adore the sound of a classical guitar, I wish you luck! Its an awesome song for sure!

I saw Annie Lennox live in Fisherman’s Warf in Boston one New Years eve several decades ago. Mesmerizing.

She had this large single string of LED lights that flashed and if you shook your head side to side really fast you would see images in it like her head singing.

We all went home with headaches.

Lol wow! I bet that was an experience! Theres so many bands i would love to see, i actually havnt been to many, i saw U2 once but that was about it. It was cool. I dont get out much lool. Cheers!

Thanks for the link Byron, the Eric Blackmon melody pattern will be a good one for me to work on. :+1:

Np! Anytime! Have fun learning it!

Hi Rogier! That’s kind of you! Yes, unfortunately the busy life got me again, but I kept playing and hoping to put a video in the AVoYP section soon. Practicing the intro to Layla (electric guitar version) at the moment :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good job @Bytron08
While I thought your pitch wasn’t so accurate on other songs lately, your vocal really shines here. Stable, controlled, within the warmth of the key and timbre of your guitar.
I heard an interesing smybiosis of vocal and guitar here I rank this amongst my favourite songs by you!

1 Like

Nice!! Your playing sounds awesome and this one wasn’t straining your vocal; a pleasant mix. Like Lieven, a fav for me, at least of your recent offerings.

1 Like

Wow thanks LievenDV. Yeah what other songs you think I could do like this? I really enjoyed doing this one.

Well, any song if you want
Experiment with transposing the song to a completely different key that is pretty low and move your capo up to find your ideal range (that’s my modus operandi for trying a song for the first time :D)

Thanks!!

That was great man as Lieven says probably best one so far and clearly views on YT are a good indication of that! All the best B!

You’ve been a very busy man Byron, belting out those tunes.

This one was another excellent one.

How is the teaching coming along?

Its going good but cant teach now until the weekends since we both are on different shifts

1 Like

Hi Byron good work. You used very well several guitar techniques to emulate the sound of the original record.

Thanks dobleA! Nice to meet you!

I still think after all the other songs ive done this one is my best one still lol.

Nice one Byron definitely one of my favourite artists and songs…I did a “version” of this in I think two OMs ago definitely a great song and enjoyed your version of it as well.