Bytron08's - February 2022 - Hendrix, Beatles, Free, REM, Green Day & more

Its not really an Hendrix song. The Byrds and The Leaves did covers before him but much faster. Hendrix based his arrangement on this version by Tim Rose

(Tim Rose - Hey Joe - YouTube)

Keith

Wow did not know that!

Yeah i know my rhythm is off on it, im not sure how to fix it though. I know on my soundcloud i recorded each individual piece like the rhythm vocal and lead separate.

The origins of Hey Joe are interesting (Hey Joe - Wikipedia) and it is well covered. I always enjoyed Deep Purple’s on the Mk I line-ups first album, which is based on the Hendrix version with added spice from Jon Lord Deep Purple - Hey Joe - YouTube

Hi Byron,
Maybe not the best of your offerings, but a great song to go with. Seems you have some of it down and other areas need work. Then too, this really shines as an electric song. I am still hopeful your Christmas tree is blessed with a nice new electric! :slightly_smiling_face:

All the rock’n best,
LB

Hey guys i have wanted to do this one for awhile now and finally got to it!! Hope you guys enjoy! I know some of my rhythm is not perfect but it was fun none the less! Lol this song is tough to play and sing with the rhythm going on to, kudos to you guys that can do it! :smiley: Enjoy! Fly Like An Eagle Cover - YouTube

6 Likes

Good to see you still cranking out the songs, Bytron. Liked the rhythm on this.

Hi Bytron, liked the strumming technique a lot. Vocal story telling strong as usual for you! Good stuff.

Really liked this Byron. I was particularly impressed by your strumming. Thanks for sharing it :slightly_smiling_face:

Some nifty chord changes there Bytron. You’ve got energy in the strum that drives this along. Nice work.

Nice one buddy, good to see you posting again - you nailed it! Great stuff :+1::+1::+1:

Very cool. That sounds really good on an acoustic. As you mentioned, you had some rhythm issues here and there, but overall it was good, and I loved the way you were getting into the song and feeling it. Well done!

Terrific strumming pattern and technique Byron. Real driving stuff. Your vocal was great too. Well done.

I hope i can strum like that one day. I think that sounded awsome!!

Wow thanks you guys! Im glad you all enjoyed it! :slight_smile: And as always thanks for listening! :slight_smile:

Its pretty easy, but singing and playing the rhythm is soooo hard for me. But the main part only consists of Am and G. Then the chorus is Am, D and F.

1 Like

It’s not really noticeable that you struggle with rhythm and singing. You need to give yourself more credit! I guess everything is a challenge in some way. That’s part of the fun in doing it. :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah that’s true, I do like to challenge myself to! And your right it makes it fun!! :slight_smile:

Fab strumming technique @Bytron08
Nice one! :grinning:

Thanks Ecc!!! :slight_smile: I really appreciate it!!!