C Chord Shape Explorer

Explore the C Chord Shape and learn new variations to play the C chord on the guitar. It's easy - and it sounds beautiful!

View the full lesson at C Chord Shape Explorer | JustinGuitar

To anyone who wants it, here’s the PDF containing the most important C shape variations.

C Shape Explorer

The PDF is still accessible on the resources tab of the old Chord Shape Explorer lessons that were part of the old Playground.

3 Likes

Another great lesson - thank you. I also like sliding the C shape up so instead of being played on the first three frets, it’s 4,5 and 6. I’m sure there’s a slicker way to say this but anyway the result is nice!

1 Like

I guess that last question is a Cbb7. I was looking here to see if there was an explanation for C7 (dominant 7) not needing a G. I know it sounds fine without the fifth but I haven’t experimented to see if this is a rule that can be broken for other 7 chords or even major7 chords. I am working through the theory course but haven’t read an explanation yet. Is the answer a bit complex until you understand more advanced harmony?

1 of the rare times I’ve been able to play the intro at beginner level within 10mins

thank you!

Thanks for the C Shape variations Jeff. very useful.

2 Likes

Thank you! Do you have one also for D shape explorer?

1 Like

I did not understand the Voice leading what is.

Yes, I’ve posted the PDF file for each of the the CAGED shape variations in their own topic.

C shape: C Chord Shape Explorer - #2 by Jeff

A shape: Exploring the A Shape - #5 by Jeff

G shape: G Chord Explorer: Tasty Variations! - #2 by Jeff

E shape: Exploring the E Shape - #5 by Jeff

D shape: D Shape Explorer Lesson - #27 by Jeff

3 Likes