Carson(g) City 😃

I do like that one too Brian, but the other 2 are in my list of songs I can pretend to play and would like to actually learn. Drive is more a listening song :smiley:

Just what I needed was on a new wave bootleg mixtape I bought in Madrid around 1980.
I can’t hear it without thinking of this song by Squeeze :smiley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WngGeI9lnA&ab_channel=MisterBouncyBounce

2 Likes

The Boys of Summer by Don Henley - My favourite Line, “Saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac”
Everybody Wants to Rule the World - Not so much a song about cars, but I always remember the Austin Healy in the video.

@DavidP - Driving with the Brakes On - Brilliant.

1 Like

That’s super cool @stitch
I presume you know this take on the song by The Clash : The Clash - Brand New Cadillac (Official Audio) - YouTube

And the original by its writer Vince Taylor: Brand New Cadillac.......Vince Taylor.avi - YouTube

3 Likes

Gotta start with this one …

Get a car, where you gonna go? Out on the road again. Canned Heat - On The Road Again [HQ] - YouTube

There’s always this classic Dylan swing-feel rock n roller - and the only mention of a car is the song title itself: Bob Dylan - From a Buick 6 (Official Audio) - YouTube

How could I not? The song fits the theme and the band name - well … Madness right? Madness - Driving in My Car (Official Video) - YouTube

3 Likes

I don’t know that band but really really like that song. I checked out some of their greatest hits, the only one that I definitely recall is Tempted, and of the few I listened to bits of on iTunes that’s the one I like least!

I got to see Squeeze live here in Providence, Rhode Island, about 3 years ago. Fantastic show, one of the most fun and entertaining shows I can remember.

2 Likes

Checked this guy out, whoa.

Stitch you could have just dropped the whole Fender Bender album in this thread. It would fit like a glove and we just sit back and chill and I don’t mean -26 chilling. This guy is good.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

@Richard_close2u The memory is letting you down, it’s from my favourite Queen album Night At The Opera, which was the first vinyl I (well my parents on my behalf) ever purchased when they could no longer tolerate hearing the dodgy recording taped for me by a school mate thundering throughout the house.

@brianlarsen A slight digression from the theme but my favourite Del Amitri song, one for my one-day list is Nothing Ever Happens

How about Chuck Berry’s Maybelline to add to the playlist.

Such fun.

2 Likes

@DavidP

You’re so right. Fading memory and small confusion. I know that Roger Taylor wrote it - same as he wrote the song I was getting mixed up with on Sheer Heart Attack that also mentions a car … Queen - Tenement Funster (Official Lyric Video) - YouTube

Speaking of Chuck: No Particular Place To Go - YouTube

2 Likes

Forgot about an obvious one from my era and just couldn’t miss her out!

3 Likes

ZZ TOP - She loves my automobile

3 Likes

Something completely different from Nightwish, from my other side :grin:

2 Likes

@brianlarsen
This one is from my 80’s disco days. Well, actually my kids danced around to it when they were little. A bit of Stock, Aitken and Waterman.
It’s Sinitta and Big Red GTO. Girl and Ferrari eye candy!

Then of course there’s this one.

And this one.

Nice one @adi_mrok you might like the original as well!

4 Likes

Haha @sairfingers, you truly are speeding down ‘Humiliation Avenue’ with no regard for passers by, aintcha? :laughing:
Funny the vast majority of automo-love stems from or reveres our transatlantic cousins’ contraptions.
Here’s a great tune that pays homage to our 2-tonic neighbours’ engineering chops, Bayerische MotorWerke.
If I had Gordon’s cojones, I’d share the link to my cover of this, but I believe you deserve the original from the great Gomez :wink:

1 Like

Haha yes. Chevy, TBird, Cadillac etc. sound so much cooler than having to say “Hey baby, wanna check out my Austin Allegro?”
Or
“Drove my Hillman Imp to the levee,
But the levee was dry”.

1 Like

Maybe this is another good reason

But young Ian does mention a Cortina

2 Likes

WOW! What a show! I dig the hair twirling thing at about 2:00. :grin:

1 Like

Seven little girls sittin’ in the back seat kissin’ and a huggin’ with friends! Got to love the 1950s!