Celebrating 10 Years on the JG Forum/Community

Yesterday marked 10 years since I came out of the shadows from watching the old forum, after starting the old BC back in late 2013.

Back then I started engaging because I needed help and saw there were a lot of experienced players or folk a little further down the road than me, who could answer my questions. They did and they nurtured and encouraged me and many are still here - you know who you are.

In the following years I have been able to do the same with my still limited experience and followed Justin’s principle of paying it forward.

Over the years I have seen many posts and questions that make me wonder why I am still here but I have also seen many more posts and questions that make me realise why I am still here.

This place is a much bigger beast than it used to be but at its core is a group of common minded people with the same aim in life, to learn to play the guitar and make music. It may drive you mad at times but hang in there and don’t give up.

So keep supporting one another folks and keep rocking.

You are never too old to rock and roll (Tull).

42 Likes

Hi Toby
:partying_face: :sunglasses: :wine_glass:
Let me be the first to congratulate you on this milestone…I’m glad you’re hanging around here Toby
Greetings From Holland :sunglasses:

And a :people_hugging:

The Madman is the little one here :smile:…a song for you :wink:

2 Likes

Congratulations, Toby! :clap:

10 years is a long time. Here’s to another 100 years! :beers:

1 Like

If we all chip in and buy you a watch, would you hop on your hog and ride off into the sunset? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Congrats Toby. Great to have you here. Stick around a few more? :wink:

1 Like

Congratulations Toby :birthday: :bouquet: :fireworks:

I hope, you are celebrating your anniversary with a new gui… - no wait … - with a new cable at least? :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s a privilege to have you here. Accordingly I will only say this…

2 Likes

Congratulations on your 10 years Toby. You are a mine of information and as I see it have helped lots and lots of people on here.

Here’s to another 10 years and now it’s time for you to go an raise a glass of red to yourself. :wine_glass:

2 Likes

Toby @TheMadman_tobyjenner

Congrats on ten years.

Speaking for myself the advice you have given me and I see you have given to others is well meant and very helpful.
Of course all the other things you do behind the scenes like OM are I am sure appreciated by all of us.

Here’s to the next ten years :wine_glass:

Michael

2 Likes

Toby, only a few members that are still active have been around for longer than you and two of them are moderators. I guess you’re the event manager then.

Congratulations on the anniversary, and here’s to another decade of high quality rambling diary entries, blues improv and good old rock n roll!

2 Likes

Congratulations Toby! :tada: That’s an awesome milestone!
I’m very glad that you’re here, you’ve been really helpful to me and I’m sure many others.
Plus I just enjoy reading/listening to your posts :slightly_smiling_face: :sunflower:
and you’re an excellent event manager too :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Toby.

You’re a stalwart!

:slight_smile:

Happy anniversary fella.

drink some pints to celebrate it

Congratulations Toby. :wine_glass::beers:. You are what this community is all about.

1 Like

Congratulations Toby, you have made a positive impact on my guitar journey and I am positive that of many others. This community is great, but it is the people in it, like you that make it special.

1 Like

Congratulations Toby!
Here’s to another 10 :clinking_glasses::beer:

1 Like

Happy Anniversary Toby! :sparkler: :metal:

Music Video Metal GIF by Sabaton

1 Like

Congratulations Toby and here’s to you sticking around. I can honestly say I have benefited greatly from some of the feedback/ inputs you have provided. :sunglasses:

1 Like

@TheMadman_tobyjenner 10 years; what a milestone!

Great; time flies but on the other hand it feels like I’ve always known you here :smiley:

Glad to have you around; for the past 10 years and for the coming eternity!

1 Like

Congrats Toby! May your future journey bring you to the land of the magical guitar fairies that allow you to become the musician you are!! :v::wink::grinning:

:beer: Here’s to many more years of wondrous musical fun!!!

Rock on brother!
Darren

1 Like

That’s an impressive milestone, Toby, and it really means something when you also look at your excellent level of play, and your community spirit for sharing and caring. Enjoy the next 10 years now!! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes