Celebrating a half decade birthday with a new guitar

Happy birthday to me and even happier with it being a new guitar day. Squee!!!

I spent quite some time searching for this beauty.

It’s a Kallquist guitar - TM-006

I’m looking for help in naming it. Those who’ve followed other posts of mine know how much I enjoy the process of naming my guitars. This one has an Art Deco style and that’s all the more special as my wife is originally from Napier in New Zealand. Napier is known as the art deco capital of the world thanks to it’s abundance of art deco style buildings, many restored marvelously.

So far the name I’ve come up with it ‘Great Gatsby’

Video of it being played to come soonish.

To say I’m thrilled with this guitar would be an understatement! Squeee!

28 Likes

That’s a beauty. I’m no help on naming it, since I don’t name mine. Although, as I’ve said, they probably have (unflattering) names for me!

1 Like

What a beautiful guitar, and a great way to celebrate your birthday - happy birthday!!

1 Like

That thing looks exquisite! Happy birthday and Happy NGD!

1 Like

What an absolute beaut Tony!!
Looked stunning.
Kallquist… sounds like he has swedish roots.

And happy birthday ofcourse! :partying_face::birthday:

1 Like

Looks good and appears well made, have a good day and enjoy your new instrument Tony. :partying_face: :partying_face:

1 Like

looks nice, no help with the name tho, not a big fan of naming things

1 Like

Hi Tony, what a wonderful looking guitar. Congratulations! I hope, you have plenty of fullfilling hours together! As for the name: I like the name “Great Gatsby”. A star during the art deco period came to my mind: Josephine (Baker). So maybe Josephine?

1 Like

Happy birthday Tony, I hope you have a had a good day and happy NGD too. That is a beaut. I hope it brings you much happiness. It looks more of a Tallulah than a Great Gatsby to me. :smiley:

1 Like

Happy birthday Tony! :birthday:

1 Like

Hi Tony,
Happy NGD :partying_face: :sunglasses:
And
Happy celebrating long ago birthday day :partying_face: :bouquet: :sunflower: :hatching_chick: :hatched_chick: :swan: :teapot: :tropical_drink:

Greetings

Edit:

Briscale …as you see a merger and corruption that you also get a nice classic car with google monster…I like him, but do you, as an English speaker, think the same way??? :joy:

Have a lot of fun with it :sunglasses:

1 Like

Happy NGD Tony :smiley:
One more big lap with the ‘King of the Road’? :thinking:

1 Like

Happy birthday, Tony :birthday: :partying_face: what a beauty :heart_eyes:

1 Like

$7k! Wow, that’s not cheap! Looks a beaut.

Guitar is from Brisbane, so maybe Adrian, or Anna :joy:

1 Like

Happy Birthday @tony :musical_note::musical_note::tada::confetti_ball::tada::star_struck::star_struck::guitar::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like

Happy birthday and happy NGD Tony!
All the best!

1 Like

Wow! Gorgeous! Happy birthday!
What a fine gift. I am not apt at naming things “Great Gatsby” is cool but seems a bit heavy for this light, art deco guitar.

Maybe “Erté”?

Hmmm…I have a 0.8 decade birthday coming up…

2 Likes

Simply beautiful!!!

1 Like

Hello Tony,
what a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday :star_struck:.
Happy Birthday and happy NGD :champagne::partying_face::smiley:!

1 Like

That is a work of art! Lucky you I’m green with envy :joy:

1 Like