Champagne Supernova- my first AVOYP out of the beginners space

This Friday is my one year guitar-aversary and to celebrate I’m posting my first AVOYP outside of the beginners area!

I started messing around with this song about a week ago and it is a lot of fun to play. I’m so proud of how far I’ve come this first year and I’m happily anticipating all the progress I’ll make going forward. This also marks my first recording while standing, singing and playing. It’s definitely not flawless and I’m still working on keeping my head angled up towards the mic and only looking down when I have to, but I’m sure I’ll get there. My husband is backing me up on drums here as well. :grinning:

22 Likes

That was superb Jennifer! I am a big Oasis fan and had a good rock out listening to your cover! That’s some serious progress for one year of playing and you should be very proud! Take a very big bow!

1 Like

Great guitar work. I can hear you have a good voice but the mix was low so I had trouble hearing it. Great first post here. Well done. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Thank you so much Eddie! I have a video of me trying to play a D Chord the first day I picked up my guitar and it’s amazing the difference between then and now. My husband is a huge Oasis fan so he definitely influenced my choice to learn this one :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you Ron! I agree with the volume on the vocal being low. Next one we will definitely turn it up. Getting the sound right always seems to be a work in progress for me.

Woohoo! That was awesome! You have a great voice and rhythm, lots of energy and flow - loved it! Well done! :clap: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you so much Jeff! :grinning:

1 Like

That was great jennifer. :fire: :fire: :fire:

Singing, playing, husband on the drums. How cool. Your singing is good, sounds quite rock n roll and suits the song well.

You should be proud of that and all you’ve accomplished in a year!

1 Like

Thank you so much JK! We are having a lot of fun. You are coming up on a year, too right? @jkahn

1 Like

Yep, a year next Sunday. At least by the sign-up confirmation email from when I signed up, which is the best record I have.

Slightly different situation in my house though, it’s just me and the kids (learning piano) that play. I started playing on my wife’s old acoustic guitar that had been sitting in the corner for around 8 years barely used. She had thought she might play but didn’t do it much. I got totally sucked in by it and after googling a bit, found some reddit posts that said to use Justin instead of Fender Play. Totally a good decision.

1 Like

That’s awesome, what a great comparison. You can sure be proud of your progress. Way to go!!!

3 Likes

That good after a year!! Wow.

1 Like

Fabulous Jennifer, after 12 months be super proud with that!! Playing standing, singing, clean changes, nice dynamics and clearly enjoying it! Congratulations :slight_smile:

@Socio - fellow Oasis fans to the thread…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Jenn that’s awesome, hubbie on drums and you rockin with your axe such a great tune! Awesome playing, steady hand movement, great voice - what’s not to like here?! Congratz on your first official AVOYP post and hope to here more from you!

@Notter thanks for bringing me to this topic :smile:

@Jenndye429 firstly congratulations on hitting the one year mark and what better way to celebrate that with some champagne supernova. Secondly you should be really proud of what you have achieved in your first year… that was awesome, great playing and singing… well done… :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

That was pretty good for your first year in, shame that your voice was so low in the mix because what I could hear sounds good! Keep on going and learning the way you have been, you’re doing good!

1 Like

Super stuff Jennifer. Great strumming technique, clean chords and spot on timing. Your vocal sounded pretty rock ‘n’ roll too. The levels have been mentioned already.
Well done a terrific first ‘real’ AVoYP.

1 Like

Sound great! Good voice, good both hands control. I wish I could play and sing at the same time… Happy 1st year! Keep on sharing Jennifer!

1 Like

Wow, sounds superb both vocals and guitar - well done!

Re the vocal level, it’s easily fixed for next time. I’ve seen a few youtubers upload second versions of their songs labelled “…this time with xxx fixed”

1 Like

Very nice Jennifer. Seemed like very steady rhythmic strumming. We’ve been playing about the same amount of time and that is my weakness so I appreciate it when I hear/see it.

As others have said, would love to hear more of your voice.

1 Like