Champagne Supernova- my first AVOYP out of the beginners space

Thank you so much!

Thank you so much Mark! I’ve messed around with a couple Oasis songs before, but this was the first one I’ve played all the way through. Hoping to add a bit of the lead work in at some point.

1 Like

Thank you so much! My Husband is a huge Oasis fan as well and I was glad I was able to do the song justice :grinning:

I am having so much fun and It makes me happy to see that people can feel my joy coming through when I play.

2 Likes

Agreed on the vocal level being too low. Getting the audio levels right is a work in progress at my house and hopefully we will get them right for the next one :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you so much Gordon! I’m super proud of my progress and hope to record/share more.

Playing while singing is definitely a work in progress for me. Ultimately I would love to be able to sing and play lead, but right now if I try to play any more complicated riffs singing doesn’t happen :laughing: But I’m working on it! A big goal of mine is to be able proficiently sing and play and I feel like I’m on my way.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback! I agree on the vocal being too low. We are working on fixing that for the next one :grinning:

Thank you so much! I feel like my rhythm has been helped a lot by the fact that I typically have a drummer playing along :grinning: like a forced metronome :laughing:

Definitely on your way Jenny I enjoyed that very much , great playing, great voice here’s to the next one :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Jennifer,
That where a lot of ‘first’ :grin:

Congratulations, :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet: …there was a lot to like and you leave us looking forward to a next version or other song where you can be heard much better :face_with_peeking_eye: :grin:…but definitely a very nice ’ (real)’ first video and how fantastic that you play together with your man… :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

:clap: :clap: :clap: and :champagne: seems right.

Bravo, Jennifer, much to be proud of. Sounds great and must be fun to have your husband on drums.

On the vocal and levels, I noticed when you got up really close to the mic the level was a lot better. What I have tried is pulling the mic a bit further back and turning the gain up on the Audio Interface. That seems to be a little more forgiving when the head is moving around a bit.

Wish you well for the next year!

1 Like

Great stuff Jennifer and whats not to like! standing up, playing and singing that’s pretty tricky for most beginners so you’ve made a great start…also a ready made band with hubby! You’ll be out gigging before you know it :rofl:

Really difficult to be critical one year in. There was a little hesitancy but chord changes were pretty good…yes you need to get closer to the mic (but then it’s tricky to look at the fret board :slight_smile: ). All will be straightened out with more practice though. Good rhythm and you were in sync with the drums.

A great first move to AVOYP proper so well done! Look forward to hearing more from you.

1 Like

@Rossco01 Thank you for the great feedback! I definitely need to work on not looking down so much physically with my head. I would love to master the art of keeping my head up and just glancing down with my eyes when I need to. It’s a work in progress :wink:

I look forward to sharing more with everyone :grinning: :guitar:

1 Like

Thank you David! That’s a great tip on the mic. We will give it a try. I was joking with my husband that I need a sound engineer so I don’t have to try and figure all that stuff out :laughing: I definitely tend to get overwhelmed with the sound mixing side of things. I just like to plug in and play :wink: :guitar: Although as I’m getting more into recording myself, I’ll definitely need to delve into that side of things too. Luckily I have friends and family members who are more experienced in that area and can help me out.

1 Like

Hi Jen,
This is a great show of your progress! Sounds like someone upped the vocals after the song got going. Still, the vocals could have come up even more. I like the tone of your guitar. Looks like a Gibson LP and sure sounds it, nice & meaty, robust tone there for sure… I found that even when you looked down, you try to keep singing into the dynamic mic. That is good and your timing was pretty good too. Just a nice job all around. You may have made me an Oasis fan!

All the best and tell the drummer he is good on the sticks too!
LB

1 Like

@LBro Hi LB, thank you so much! It is a Gibson LP and I love it so much. I have a Fender player strat as well which I also love, but I find myself reaching more and more for my LP. I love the rich growly tone I get from it.

What a great song to cover and you sure did it justice. Tidy playing and nice vocals.

Well done on standing for the first time. Not an easy thing to do but once you get into it, it’s the easiest thing to do.

You had me singing along. :clap:

1 Like

Thank you so much Stefan! I’m trying to practice standing more. It is getting a bit easier the more I do it, but I definitely need more practice with it. Glad you enjoyed the song :grinning: @SgtColon

That was great!! Like others have said u have a great voice and would love to hear it louder!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Byron! Yeah, I will definitely be working on the levels for the next one :grinning: