Changing profile picture | different user name

My profile picture was pulled in from JG website profile when I first signed in. I subsequently changed it and would like to replace my profile pic here to be the same. Don’t see anywhere in Preferences to change that.

1 Like

I have none, Lieven mentioned it is going to be synced with the main website profile - did you try changing there? I did try and accounts are somehow not syncing from Avatar point of view.

I think it has to sync with the main age…I didn’t have one in the main site so have added one now BUT as yet it’s not sync’d across. I think there will just be one profile picture going forward.

1 Like

I did successfully change in my profile on the JG Website and as you say, appears not to be sync’ing

Yup, it seems like it setup an avatar based on what was in the main website at time of first login and is now not sync’ing

Same for me - I have an avatar on the main website, not here

Because I can fly anywhere I want, my avatar appears wherever I go, old forum, JG site and here. :bat: Ben you get an extra bonus point for including this emoti. :1st_place_medal:

1 Like

That’s interesting @Richard_close2u as it sounds a little different to some other experiences, if I understand correctly. Generally speaking avatars or profile pics seem to have pulled over from the JG website when signing in here for the first time, but are not syncing up if changed on the main website post signing up here.

I’m in a no man’s land with the main site and forum profile sync. My username is CT on the main site and I’m CT1 here for whatever reason. I didn’t ask to be CT1, why would this happen automagically? Gives me the sense that the two profiles will never intersect.

That’s interesting @CT1

Can you please make a topic in #new-community-issues-and-questions about this?

• We’ll figure out the path you followed to log in
  • We wil need to “get you synched”

I just posted right here in a topic that seems appropriate. I followed the instructions in the email invite.

Looks like my profiles haven’t synced yet either - I have an account with a profile picture over on the main website

Ivan buddy, good to see you ! :wave:

1 Like

Hi there Toby, happy to be aboard. Hope all is well with you and yours! :slightly_smiling_face:

Doing OK. Ups and downs but that’s life :upside_down_face:

Some of my favorite things require ups and downs. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Like waking up after laying down. :beers:

@SS7

Hey Ivan. Good to hear from you, it’s been a little while. We have a Forum OM this Saturday night (for those of us in EMEA). Still time for you to join if you are available.

1 Like

Hey David thanks for the invite! I’d love a seat in the audience if theres space, bit too rusty to perform I’m afraid. Looking forward to seeing what you all have been up to :slightly_smiling_face:

@SS7

I’ve sent you the link as the usual PM in the Forum, Ivan.

1 Like

Got it, thank you David!

Hi, I just uploaded a profile picture to my Justinguitar account but it hasn’t synced with my community profile. I use Firefox so I opened up Justin Guitar community on Chrome but no luck. I use a Smart phone. I see that other people have had issues. Is this something that still needs to be resolved or does anyone have any advice? Cheers!

Edit:
Oh look its now worked! I was just impatient! Haha :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: