Chase the Dream Learning Log

I finally got around to recording ‘Yellow Submarine’. I would appreciate it if you all could mosey over to AVoYP, check it out and provide me with some feedback.
Thanks.

NGD!
I picked up my new G&L ASAT Classic Bluesboy last Thursday. Very pleased with the playability and tones. It will appear in a AVoYP in the not-too-distant future.

G&L ASAT Classic Bluesboy

The color is Pearl Grey with a black pic guard. This is not a stock color scheme for this model but G&L does use it for the Doheny V-12 so they allowed me to specify the color as a special order for a low additional charge. I can safely say this is the only one in existence… “If I knew Picasso, I would pick up my grey guitar and play.”

2 Likes

Congrats, Robert, enjoy it and I look forward to the AVOYP debut

Congrats, Robert, the guitar looks great. I look forward to seeing you rocking out with it.

Hi Robert,
Happy NGD :partying_face: :sunglasses:
Looks nice…I wish you a lot of fun together :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :grin:
Greetings…

Can understand why you went for that colour, man that looks cool.
Happy NGD !!
:sunglasses:

Hi Robert, happy NGD. Looking forward to hear nice notes coming of you playing it in the near future.

Awesome looking guitar. Good taste!

Beautiful guitar Robert, enjoy it. Lovely to know it’s a true one of a kind :slight_smile:
Can’t wait to hear her in action with you!

Thank-you all for the nice replies. I am now motivated more than ever to learn a song worthy of ‘Lady Grey’ and post in as an AVoYP. :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

The addition of Lady Grey to my collection created the need to change my guitar storage. A guitar rack seemed to be the logical solution, so I went into the wood shop and pieced this together. The wood is from a red oak that was toppled in a storm. I decided to use velvet for the cushioning material on the dowels at the bottom, the T bar at the top and each peg. The T bar was made by routing a T track into a length of red oak. Each peg is mounted on a T bolt so I can move them around as needed.

Here is the completed rack in the wood shop.

The rack in use with, from left to right, Blue, Lady Grey, Blondie and the old Dorado.

5 Likes

Ever so neat, Robert, looks great.

Hi Robert, beautiful guitar stand. I see you left some room for a new acquisition(s) :thinking: