Christmas Wish List

There are often several thoughts in my mind :roll_eyes: ā€¦ but the bottom one is closer to the truth of our actions :innocent:
:grin:

4 Likes

Im with you on this one Rogier! :facepunch: and the first wish on @sclay wish list. Im all in for that as well :grin:

Me and my wife (supervisor) has stopped buying gifts long time ago. But of course, we do buy some to the kids. But it has to be something usefull and sustainable.
So this christmas eve i take the kids to visit my wifes parents, while my wife is going to be cooking and serving food for people with needs.

She and 4 of her coworkers has just started an foundation that is helping people out with food and clothes and suchā€¦ Same here as in Holland and a lot of other rich countriesā€¦ more and more people struggles to get food on the table and paying of the billsā€¦

Edit: forgotā€¦ wishlist: 1: what Shane said onhis no.1
2: Fender acoustasonic or a butterscotch telecaster :partying_face:

9 Likes

Is this the one youā€™re hoping for?

1 Like

What a whammy bar! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

ELOā€™s version of ā€œRoll Over Beethovenā€ was the first single I ever bought :grinning:

Oh, I heavily this one too. If only F played nicely with all the other chords. Writing to Santa as well now.

1 Like

The Stone Deaf Noise Reaper pedal is on my list and a pedalboard to mount my pedals on it :grin:
Then Iā€™ll be more than happy :grin:
(And in a future far far away, another Les Paul to tune in C standard to practice Queens of the Stone age songs :sweat_smile: but thatā€™ll be for christmas 2030 or something :joy:)

This could save you a bit :wink:

We are going home to Ireland :ireland: and it will be the first Christmas in more than 10 years I get to spend with my parents and siblings. So that will be enough for me along with a trip to my local pub with my brother for a few pints of Guinness.

3 Likes

If Santa wants to bring me a Yamaha LL16 acoustic I would appreciate this. Even though I think I have been on the naughty list for the past 50 years,

yeah, but itā€™s a great time saver to have a guitar for each tuning. Most of my practicing is done on an acoustic in standard, but my partscaster is in Keef Richards tuning* as Iā€™m trying to learn some Stones songs :sunglasses: :metal:

*open G, 6th string removed

1 Like

Xmas are coming early this year for me :grinning: firstly, 5 days ticket for Download Festival next year :heart_eyes: and then, the main gift is coming next Saturday :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

This is what I am axing for this xmas

2 Likes

Seeing as I reckon I have enough guitar related stuff, and the wife & kids avoid buying me stuff for my hobbies because whatever Iā€™m into is so specific, I reckon Iā€™ll be happy with some socks and handmade gifts from the kids.

Oh, maybe I could order a box of skills. Thatā€™s what I want most but havenā€™t figured out how to get them boxed yetā€¦

3 Likes

Nice axe!

1 Like

Iā€™ve concluded that they donā€™t come in my size.

2 Likes

My wife bought me a Fender Champion 20 w amp and has kindly let me have it now. It came today.

See you all later

7 Likes

We are pretty limited on gifts in general. We are fortunate enough to be able to buy most things we want and when we donā€™t it is because we really donā€™t need them after all. So gifts tend to be random stuff we donā€™t want or need.

We prefer to spend time together and with friends if possible. Quietness. Time and space to practice and play guitar. To get that song up to speed finally. To be able to sing and play at the same time.

I can be on board with Shaneā€™s #1. A few more rational thought from the 8+ billion of us may be a drop in a big messy bucket of ***, but it is important.

I like Rogerā€™s idea of giving to others. I have met been a big one for volunteering, but I should give the gift of my time and compassion more.

Mostly I am hoping for lower interest rates for us here in the United States so we can refinance our new and fat mortgage. But that is pure selfishness, and as stated, it should be a time of giving, not getting.

1 Like

Amen.
But more importantly, Iā€™d say is crucial that those who make decisions need to wise up a little because their decisions have far reaching implications for the 8 billion of us. But I wonā€™t get more political than that :joy:

We could do with some of that on this side of the pond too!

But for me, as far as material things go, Iā€™d be a bit mundane perhaps, needing/wanting a plane (uhm, to clarify, not the one that flies but if anyone has one of them and not using itā€¦) a set of locking tuners for my build, a set of humbuckers for the said project, two concentric audio pots 500k, one dpdt on/on/on switch, fretwire, a tusq xl nut and Iā€™ll stop thereā€¦ :joy:

1 Like

Message me your address and Iā€™ll have Santa send you one of these:

Obviously not a new one- I picked one up for cheap at an auction some years ago, but donā€™t need it.
Just took it apart and cleaned the muck and rust off it. A light sanding and oiling of the handles would set it off.
Nice solid bit of kit :smiley:

2 Likes