Cold Hard B* - Jet - JK Jan 2024

Hello, I’m baaaack. Recording again :wink:

Parental advisory, explicit lyrics. Well, one explicit word that happens to be in the song title. Not that offensive in Australia, might be elsewhere. It’s the B word, the dog one. If you hadn’t guessed…

This one is some kind of love song, for some kind of love. Jet were/are 2000’s era rockers and have some absolutely banging tunes. They’re a bit AC/DC but looser rhythm. This is one of my favourite Jet songs, I was listening to it earlier this month and thought - yeah, maybe I can learn this? So I did.

It has two guitar parts, but I’ve blended them a bit into a single guitar part so it’s a bit different than the original but it’s the main vibe. Live style like usual, no post production, and hey, I’m no studio player.

I find the hardest part with these kind of rock songs is the arrangement and timing. Learning the riffs and parts is one thing, but then putting it together, another…

Also want to thank my good mate Adrian @adi_mrok for making a backing track for me using Moises! I couldn’t find a decent BT, Adrian pulled it apart in Moises and then I could just turn off the guitar in the album track - awesome!

Enjoy! Click me (literally):

29 Likes

Alright James you just pump out the songs left and right. Did you make a deal with the devil or what bro? I been working on one song for three weeks and still didn’t put it together. Well any way like always great job.

2 Likes

Nice JK,almost feel like a stalker clicking so soon after you posted. A JK video is always worth clicking and this one is no exception. I need to try with some backing tracks, more to add to my list. Thanks for the inspiration again.

1 Like

This one @Jwaters :joy: (although not 10 years!)

I tend to work on a few songs at once… haven’t posted a vid since November, though some old ones have popped back up.

Hey JK, that’s was awesome! Great tone (what are you using?) and lovely crisp muting - very nice indeed.

1 Like

Thanks for checking it @philsmith! Stalk away! :grinning: I’m trying to watch the rest of the OM vid now, hoping to catch your performance there :wink:

Ooooh!!! Awsome JK! Never heard about Jet or this song before… it kicked #ss! Gonna check them out.
Loved it! Cool tone on youre tele.

1 Like

Absolute classic Jk. Great song and really effortlessly done :+1: loved the change ups, muting just think maybe you could have sung it too :rofl:. Well done, the diligent practice is certainly evident.

1 Like

Great to see you back behind the wheel of that souped-up sound machine again, JK. :smiley:
Pretty sure Jet has been shared in the Community before but haven’t heard this.
Great tone. Tight playing. Very AC/DC vibe from the beginning.
Nice share
Kudos to Adi for helping out with the backing track. I might just have to look into that program. It could be a very handy replacement for the Trio+ on my family/friend collabs :smiley:
When the lyrics kicked in, I fell into a little rabbit hole that I will not clog your thread with :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Jk,
Cool song :sunglasses: nice playing :sunglasses: :clap: :sunglasses:
And with this kind of song, I think the sound is very important…and that was great too :sunglasses:
It was F… good ( and than of course I mean this one…Fantastic)
Greetings

1 Like

It could be worse JK

:smile:

1 Like

I’m going to quote your own words JK: “reasonably simple executed really well beats complicated”.

The AC/DC influence is undeniable. You could entertain me for hours with simple chords and a groove like that. The little fills are pretty cool too.

1 Like

This was on point, great work JK!

1 Like

Great fun to listen to that, JK. Rhythm certainly is a strength, as you’ve pointed out before … being a drummer helped. I think your strumming and muting was also good. Only once or twice did I think I heard noise from a string that should have been silenced. Tone was killer as well.

1 Like

Hi JK,
Very enjoyable listen, nice playing and sounding great.
I have ‘Are you going to be my girl’ on a playlist that I like but haven’t heard any of their other stuff, so thanks for sharing. I noticed the video lags a bit from the sound, I guess you record sound and video separately and then join them together.
Best wishes,
Alan

1 Like

Hey,
Good tune, not sure if I have heard it prior. If so it was years or decades ago. First up for me was your guitar tone! Very nice, especially in the start and a bit in. Great play too! Good job mate!

I am not up on Moises, but it sounded like it pulled off the backing track well. Kudos for you filling in the guitars on it and @Adi_mrok for making it for you!

All the best,
LB

1 Like

Great one, JK! Love the song and all three Jet albums, still waiting for some new music one day. Have to learn it one day as well. Are You Gonna Be My Girl is one of my all time favourites and I almost can play it, but can’t take some time to learn it by heart (along with a dozen other songs).

1 Like

Great stuff again JK! Some tricky rhythm bit there.

1 Like

Great job JK!

Thank you for reminding me about this song! I love Are you gonna be my girl and Look what you’ve done, but had totally forgotten that they did this one too. The song has such a great groove and your muting rhythm were on point :clap:

I wonder whatever happened to Jet? I’ll have to go look them up.

1 Like

Great stuff JK real rock n roll! Look very comfortable playing it and got a good tone going as well.

1 Like