Covers re-imagined / revisited

I’m quite a fan of covers that sound nothing like the original.

My fav is Civil Wars cover of Billie Jean

Billie Jean

interested in others re-imagined covers

Came across a re-imagined cover that ruined it too…

We will rock you

5 Likes

Never heard that Billie Jean cover before, but I do like it. There was a thread in the old Forum about covers that are better than the original, but I like this topic, covers that are different (and good!). I’ll be surprised if anyone has heard this one, one of my favorites, Midnight Shine’s cover of Heart of Gold.

4 Likes

I like it. How did you get the video to appear in line?

1 Like

Good one Mari. I enjoyed that.

Copy and paste the link. The software automatically links the video.

2 Likes

I think I just clicked on the Share link in YouTube and then pasted the link on a separate line here.

1 Like

One of my favorite Tom Petty covers.

5 Likes

My favourite cover of Enter Sandman by Metallica off The Blacklist album.

It’s the first track on the Album, a great honour for them!
These girls really rock!

3 Likes

Rock Sugar takes it to another level

Woo hoo, just pasting worked! thanks @stitch @mari

2 Likes

i discovered Rock Sugar after listening to this interview with the lead singer, fascinating story

Even better than the real thing :wink:
I think I started it with this one- a great cover by a little-known Aussie band covering my favourite artist- also an Aussie :smiley:

1 Like

Wow, that was great, and it took me to the tom petty music video with the alien spaceship. Never seen it before, what a gem.

1 Like

This cover of Nowhere man inspired me to do a similar version

1 Like

Oh I really like this thread, especially that it started with Chris’s Billie Jean rendition :heart_eyes: he was doing such an amazing covers - I will always love you, Imagine, Redemption songs and many many others.

I have an absolute diamond for you folks today, from what I understand this bloke is usually sort of metal low key band guitarist and he did his solo album where he covered a blues song called Loan me a Dime by Bozz Scags. Perhaps because I listened to a cover first, or perhaps because it’s just a masterpiece - in my eyes this version ate original alive.

Edit. I imagine one day someone like @Kasper or @MikeSebastianP picks this one up and melts.my heart away :grinning:

4 Likes

You and me both. That cover of Loan me a dime was amazing. He SO reminded me of Gary Moore. Had never heard boz skaggs version either, still listening to that, so different and so good.

2 Likes

This is a smashing thread, love it! :heart:

My all time favorite is the cover of Zombie by Bad Wolves. It’s wonderfully done, and the lyrics are ever so slightly revised to our modern warfare. It’s also a tribute to Dolores O’Riordan :cry:

6 Likes

I think they were about to perform with Dolores shortly before her sudden death, what a shame :cry:

2 Likes

OMG wow. Need a way to love a post, not just like it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes Adi and unfortunately that sadly never happened. Love their version but not as much as the OT :sunglasses:

I’ll imagine you bluesing me away, Adrian.

After watching Rick Beato reviewing the 10 Grammy Best Song of the Year nominations, I needed this.

3 Likes

I am with you Toby nothing can beat Dolores version :heart: even though the cover was really good!

1 Like