Covers re-imagined / revisited

Hadn’t heard this one before, thanks for posting it! Love this style of music and playing, being a huge Gary Moore fan myself. With that tempo/feel change it also reminds me a little bit of “Still In Love With You” by Thin Lizzy (which I actually have covered :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

OK now on repeat :metal:
It maybe a heavier version but the BW cover still gives me the goose bumps when I hear it, much like the original. My daughter flagged this to me the day it was released on Youtube. She keeps me sane and current ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I do like Steve and the guys. They do some good covers a little differently.

Thunderstruck

1 Like

How do you cover Voodoo Child (Slight Return) without sounding like Hendrix?

This is how

1 Like

I like it. Lots.

Here’s a another re-imagined voodoo child

1 Like

Maybe not fully ‘reimagined’, definitely a different feeling to the original though:

2 Likes

I doubt many have listened to the NiN version, worth it though IMHO :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Postmodern Jukebox does some really interesting covers :heart:

3 Likes

They are definitely the bomb!

That was an excellent cover Heather. I really liked her voice.

1 Like

Ah yes, of course! My wife and I use a lot of PMJ covers for practising dancing, should have thought of them. This is great for Foxtrot practice, as well as a lovely cover:

Another one we use a bit (for Jive) is the Baseballs, in particular their cover of “Umbrella”:

4 Likes

I just discovered that this (the bouncing balls Sony TV ad tune):

Is a cover of this bit of Swedish electro-dance:

1 Like

This guy is amazing but this time he lets the self invited singer take the limelight, and it’s magic!

And Mary Spender with Danish Pete

So who do you think is the best?

1 Like

I liked the top one better, the self invited singer

2 Likes

I’m with you on this one.

This is her at the moment, seems like it was a put up job!

3 Likes

I enjoyed that cover @DarrellW

1 Like

Not bad for a 20 year old! Makes me feel like burning my guitars :joy:

:rofl: :rofl: Makes you sick, doesn’t it.

1 Like

Kind of made me chuckle at about 5:15 to discover “oh hey, there’s a drummer back there behind that stack of Marshalls!” There is some amazing young talent out there. Popularity of blues will wax and wane, but the music still has a solid core of up and coming bluesmen and blueswomen to keep it going strong, and that makes me happy.

2 Likes