Cowgirl in the sand - Neil Young

Hello! I started to learn this song a couple of years ago from a Justin video. As always I found some things hard to learn and ignored them. But that was some time ago and I do not remember what I left out. But I think my version work. What do you think? What can I improve?

14 Likes

Very nicely played and sung Lars with a lot of very impressive technique on show. Great job!

1 Like

Hi Lars, a lot of applied technique as far as I can see. Can’t give advice on that, because I’m far behind you, but it sounds very good! Your voice matches perfectly with the song. I truly envy you for having such a voice! Seems as if more and more performers are blessed with impressing voices :slightly_smiling_face:. Looking forward to hearing more from you!

1 Like

Thanks! That was very nice words, they will make me happy all day. But always just wanted to sing, that’s wy I was late to learn more on the guitar. I wasn’t motivated, I just strummed chords along with my singing. Thanks again!

1 Like

So everything came together in the end and that’s what counts in the end! I really liked your performance! :+1:

1 Like

Hi Lars,
Well played and sung :sunglasses: :clap:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Lars really very nicely played and sung. You have a very nice and confident voice.

1 Like

Great job, I love Neil Young, and would love to be able that song so beautifully!

Doug

1 Like

Thoroughly enjoyed that Lars. Great strumming techniques plus licks showcased and carried the vocal well. Above my playgrade to offer improvement suggestions. Bravo,

1 Like

Great job Lars and a pleasant listen. Is 2 years your total guitar journey? If so, you have come a long ways. I enjoyed all aspects of your performance!

Ta,
LB

Thank you for your kind words! I wrote this in my introduction in the forum.
“I’m 49 years old. I live up north in Sweden. I’ve been playing guitar since I was 30. But I never took the time to learn more than strumming chords. But lately I’ve started to improve a little bit with the help from Justin.”

Great job Lars ! Super cover both with the singing and playing. No comment on technique as you are doing those fiddly bit I only aspire to !! Very accomplished performance.

:sunglasses:

What do I think? Wonderful. Great song very well played and sung. :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Well done! Both guitar and vocals were great.

1 Like

Nice version lars, I know that song well and play it, too. You did it justice

1 Like

Wonderful playing and singing Lars. Some great technique in there, which is way beyond my skill level, so I just enjoyed what you offered.

1 Like