CT's Learning Log

Not really on the road that much, except for some fishing. Here’s a little dink of a bass from the local pond here at Lake Balboa:

Yes, I do catch and release as appropriate. I have half a mind (jump on that one if you want) to post everything but music stuff here. I’m more than just a below mediocre guitar player. :slight_smile: :guitar:

5 Likes

Good to hear the bass is no problem for you
What kind of strings do you use on your fishing rod?

1 Like

Ultra light gear all the way. 4lb fluorocarbon line.

1 Like

Any clams up by the Lake, Clint?

1 Like

That’s hilarious! I actually did catch a clam on a cast. Too weird. LOL

OK, I’ll post one little corner of my studio:

I would like to say that this is where the magic happens, but I will stick with this is where I do music related things. :man_dancing:

3 Likes

And there I was thinking “No way”, given that you were fishing a lake. Shows how little I know of such matters.

Thanks for the picture of the studio, looks fabulous.

I guess there’s no magic in music-making, just learning, practice, and letting rip. But the music from your corner sure is magic … must be some kind of magic cause it teleports me to a happy place whenever I hear it.

1 Like

Nice studio Clint. I might have to negotiate for some wall hangers, when the time is right ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

For me everything is setup to inspire. If I hang my guitars front facing, I’m more inclined to recall what inspired me to buy them in the first place, and hopefully rekindles the desire to make some clammy bouillabaisse noises with them. :bowl_with_spoon:

2 Likes

That’s pretty funny, I used the word ‘magic’ to describe music earlier today. The possibility of magic, not the actuality, so I guess a similar sentiment lol

1 Like

Yeah, just trying to be realistic. It’s more achievable and logical than some kind of magic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had to take the bait Clint. So unlike you to be contrary :rofl:’ Would some garden photos fill the bill here?

Loved the photo of your music space.

1 Like

Abso-bloopin’-loot-ley! :deciduous_tree:

Since you asked: Citrus is king right now and my mandarin oranges are at peak ripeness as we speak. In the foreground (off the patio) is the seedless ‘Kishu’ mandarin, which is said to be an ancient variety, that tastes a bit like tangerine lifesavers and peels easily with an incredible aroma explosion. In the background is “Page” mandarin, which has some grapefruit in its parentage and a hint of that tanginess makes for an interesting flavor. The juice from ‘Page’ makes for the best holiday mimosas.

6 Likes

Awesome Clint. Harvesting is going to keep you busy.

1 Like

Thankyou for this delicious reply Clint. My mouth is watering. The smell of both citrus blossom and the oils in the skins being released as you peel these morsels, is intoxicating. I’ve gone off topic here. Perhaps we could steer back on course if you were to post the garden walk and music you did a while back?

1 Like

The only thing that keeps my road case on course are short bursts of irrelevant information. :slight_smile:

Things in the garden:
Garden Walk
July Garden Walk
Jamming out on the patio amongst the bees and the peach trees

1 Like

@CT
Loving this garden detour Clint. Acoustic looper nibbles, love it! It all looks delicious. Depths of winter here, cold and unusually foggy. Can’t even see the garden from the lounge window today.
Never mind, before we know it I’ll be planting my tomato seeds again and posting photos of the results.

1 Like

Thought I’d get you all back on track with this classic from way back in '75 :sunglasses:
:orange_circle: :orange_circle: :orange_circle: :orange_circle: :orange_circle: :orange_circle: :orange_circle: :orange_circle: :orange_circle: :orange_circle: :orange_circle: :orange_circle: :orange_circle: :orange_circle: :orange_circle: :orange_circle: :orange_circle: :orange_circle: :orange_circle: :orange_circle: :orange_circle: :orange_circle: :orange_circle:

2 Likes

The Mandarins look awesome.
Always used to get these in our Christmas stockings, hopefully I’ll get some this year.

Glen

1 Like

Ooooh so good to hear and see these again. I remember giving you heat about wearing socks and slip slops. Sorry Clint :laughing:

2 Likes