Curious if you’ve seen any concerts lately?

Hi everyone,

It seems like lately I’ve been to more than my share of concerts in various music types the past couple months.
*Rolling Stones Los Angeles- twenty feet from the stage. Those guys are still amazing at 80

• Mini Kiss- yes the midgets who appear on Paul Blart part 2
    *TLC- only the two of them but still as amazing as the 1990s
    *third eye blind- one of my favorites. Inspired me to play Jumper again in guitar.
    *Yellow Card- sounded great after 20 years
  • New Kids on the block- was never really a fan but those guys can still sing and dance after 30 years
    *Paul Abdul- still does acrobatic moves at age 62.

Also had tickets to other shows but couldn’t make it: Doobie bothers, Janet Jackson, Nelly, Ludacris.

I am going to see Green Day and Lenny Cravitz still this year.

I’m hoping some of this helped me discover myself as a better performer playing guitar.

Let’s hear yours. Hope your guitar journey is going great.

Jeff

1 Like

Including the ones you had tickets to but didn’t attend, plus the ones you’re going to yet this year, that may be more than I’ve been to in my entire life, and I’m 75 years old.

That’s cool you saw Third Eye Blind! I’m kind of jealous :laughing: I didn’t know they were still around playing shows. I used to listen to them a lot!

I’m supposed to go see the Foo Fighters next month. I’m looking forward to it.

I’m actually going to my first ever concert this November! Seeing Hozier live. By all accounts he’s better live than on the CDs, which surely is too high a bar to pass, but apparently one cannot use youtube videos to judge by. I’m sure I’ll get the concert bug but I doubt I’ll ever have the finances to support it!

Only been to one gig in the last few decades!
That was last year, when we saw Joe Bonamassa down in Bournemouth.

We were trying to get tickets to see Bernie Marsden before he passed, as the venue wasn’t far, but it sadly didn’t happen.

We saw the Rolling Stones in Orlando in June (Nosebleed Seats). They put on a great show!

I don’t tend to go to many big shows (I like smaller venues), but I’ve seen these in the past year:

GWAR

Warren Haynes/Gov’t Mule *
Slash & Myles Kennedy *
Jason Bonham & “Mr. Jimmy” *
Billy Gibbons *
Clutch *
Karina Rykman *

• All at the same show

Mike Barnes +
Ashley Heath +

• Plus more I have yet to see this weekend at a local blues fest

Other notables in recent years:
Steep Canyon Rangers w/Steve Martin (yes, THAT Steve Martin, on banjo)
Molly Tuttle
Old Crow Medicine Show
Fireside Collective
Keb Mo
The Hu
Gary Clark Jr.
Avett Brothers
Kingfish

I’ve been to many concerts over the years, seen most of the bands that I want to see but I’ve not been to a gig since the pandemic kicked off. I was looking at Pantera tickets the other day but they were soooo expensive - I could afford them but don’t know that I want to pay that much

Wow in that case I feel very blessed to have seen so many performances.

Hi Jenn,

This is my second year in a row seeing third eye blind. They still rock and I love their music. I had tickets in my cart for the foo fighters concert when they did that Taylor Hawkins tribute in LA and London. Before I could type in my cc number they were gone. I’m still trying to win tickets to the best show.

I’m curious if you ever watched my updated take on that Foo Fighters song a couple months ago. I think I did fairly well with it. Not to the Dyve quality but not bad lol. Here it is if interested.

I play this one at parties and beach events and people listen and compliment anyways.have a great weekend.

Jeff

5 Likes

That is really cool you are going to the show. I totally get that we are often priced out of going due to expenses. Believe it or not all the shows I listed were all free for me. A friend who is handicapped likes to show his appreciation for when I help him out has been inviting me to concerts to show appreciation for my help, and a couple I won tickets from local radio. So to quote that one song, the best things in life are free.

Jeff

1 Like

Hi Andy,

I’m glad you made it to that performance. I’m sure it was amazing. I get what you mean about catching a last show. The Rolling Stones are in their eighties now and I wanted to see them once before it was too late. I had tickets to Linkin Park and the lead singer passed away a month before the scheduled concert.

That’s awesome. I was shocked to see how much Mick Jagger could still move around all over the stage at his age. I get achy just getting out of bed and I’m not even 50 yet. Watching Keith strum that guitar was inspirational for me. I struggle with arthritis and pain in my hands and wrists so I can’t last long playing without a break.

1 Like

I think the smaller venue is great and the show is more intimate. For that mini kiss show I was about 2 feet away from the stage. Not exactly celebrity superstars but still was cool to see and actually talk with the band. At the small venue I try to pick the brain of the guitarist to get ideas to improve, especially cover bands at local restaurants etc.

1 Like

Hi Matt,

I saw Pantera here last year. They still rock. The only disappointment is they didn’t play my fav” Cemetery Gates” here’s one video I took from that show on my channel.

I hope you get a chance to see them.

2 Likes

Sounding good although the crowd is a bit disappointing, they should be going bonkers with such an anthem blasting out and they’re really not!

I went to see The Warning last year when they opened for Muse and again this year in April at Birmingham academy, going to see them again is 2 weeks time at “Maidstone MaidFest” it’s gonna be a crazy weekend at my age :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Went to see Bruce Springsteen last week, with Black Box Revelation and Seasick Steve as support acts. Will be going to see Nick Cave at the end of October.

In the past year I have seen Noel Gallaghers HFB and Garbage. Both outdoors in Chicago.

Re…

spect…

walk…

Are you talking to meee

:metal:

Edit

I forgot
I have tickets to see Dropkick Murphys and Pennywise at the Mesa Apitheater in Phoenix Arizona.

I am desperately trying to obtain tickets to the Social Distortion final show of their tour right before going back for the closer show at their own home in LA.

The show I am trying to get tickets for is being held in my hometown in Tucson, Arizona at the Rialto Theater was sold out before the tickets went on sale because all the seats have been all been reserved to ticket holders from a canceled show during the tour at another venue.

If anyone has a line, hook a brother up. I will trade some nice Dropkick Murphy tickets. :sunglasses:

1 Like