Dark Theme Readability

I mostly use dark mode on every site if I can but here you cant read the text…?

This is ‘Dark’

And WCAG dark, which is better but still quite low contrast :

It’s because whoever set up the forum software hasn’t bothered to create a properly co-ordinated dark theme yet. It’s like certain other forum features, which have been left on default rather than tailored to this specific theme/community, or disabled if they’re irrelevant/non-functional.

As a fellow dark mode user just about everywhere, from websites to phone to ebooks, I’d would welcome this feature being properly implemented.

2 Likes

If I recall correctly, this has been raised and is on the backlog of items to be worked on. I will highlight to the team to provide an update.

3 Likes

Th most accurate way to answer the question in the the least tactful fashion :smiley:

Yes, @Goffik is right, this hasn’t been addressed yet.
It’s a UX items that has been put on the backlog right after this Community’s release and since then, it didn’t get a priority high enough to fall within the scope of capacity.

Thanks for reminding me though, as I also think a dark mode should be properly supported.
There is a lot on the list and I can offer zero guarantee but I will raise the topic again

7 Likes

I like darker backgrounds on websites, it’s easier on my eyes after surgery (and I’m just old). So I use a plug-in called Dark Reader. I can toggle it on and off by site with hot keys, including this one. Also, I don’t go to straight dark mode, I actually use Sepia and have a dark brown background and tan lettering. Works great for me. Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Thanks Dean that looks interesting!

Yeah understand that , limited resources and lots of things to do. I’m just a bit confused why there are 2 dark themes neither of which actually work!

I call it as I see it. It doesn’t always go down well, but that’s just the way I am. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Hello everyone!

Sorry for this hassle. I made a few changes to our color scheme. Hopefully, that will solve the issue. Could someone try it again and let me know if that works? Thanks!

Hi Laryne, this is how the current ‘Dark’ theme looks to me now

Ok - can you try again please? Sorry for the hassle! But yeah, it seems to be working now.

Yep thats looking good! Thanks!

1 Like

and now its reverted back…

Just tried to test Dark mode and found that it disappears when closing and restarting the site. It reverts back to default.

Would it be possible to add some darker themes please. I’ve added a darker theme to my browse but it has no effect on this site which is so bright at 3am as is my day.

Please put something in place for us night owls.

Rachel.

1 Like

@Richard_close2u can you delete it or move it to the thread linked by Goffik please.

I hadn’t spotted that one

:slight_smile:
Thank you

R

Just realised that this hadn’t been responded to and assume is not fixed. This post is from my phone not the web.

The other thread hasn’t been responded to for quite a while so status unknown.

1 Like

Hello everyone! The dark theme should now be working just fine! :slight_smile: Please let us know if it’s all good. Thank you for being so patient! Best, Laryne

1 Like