DavidP will be away

I could have taken of his hospitalisation as an opportunity to bridge the gap but have hands full, with the family here. I have not had much to read many posts and cherry picking at the moment but I’ve never been bothered about metrics and just call it like it is. Simples.

Hoping to get another update later today, so one of us will post it here, when it arrives. Let’s just hope the sutras were tied off tight, when he reads the comments here !

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks for the update Lieven

1 Like

Latest update just in

The doctors are pleased with how he is recovering and today he was awake and talking - although still a tad groggy.

17 Likes

Thanks for the update Toby. That’s reassuring from the doctors. Good to know he is recovering well from the surgery.

2 Likes

Thanks Toby

1 Like

Very glad to hear that, thanks for the updates.

1 Like

Yeah great news! :smiley:

1 Like

Now as I check stats once in a while I don’t think you ever exchanged your yellow shirt with anyone since new Community started therefore there is no gap to fill for you, only one you can make even bigger :rofl:

Edit. Should make that clear - as a default this platform ranks users by likes received.

2 Likes

And I always assumed that it put your own details at the top by default and the ranking followed. There is still much to learn Grasshopper. :cricket:
:sunglasses:

1 Like

I recall seeing a ‘stats’ page some months ago when @stitch drew attention to the frightening figures of how much time some of us wasted here but for the life of me, I hove no idea where. :roll_eyes:
Save me the time by sending me the directions?
It’s a feature I would prefer didn’t exist but is a good reminder of what I have been telling my four kids for the last quarter century:
Always assume that Everything you type into an electronic device can be seen by anyone :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Three lines aka burger button near your avatar top right corner/users and once you are in change period for All Time. I treat it as a funny popularity contest which clearly Toby is leading the way :grinning:

1 Like

@DavidP
Glad to hear all has gone well David. I’m sending you a virtual bunch of grapes. :grapes:
Wishing you a speedy recovery and looking forward to your return to the forum.

As for @brianlarsen’s suggestion to keep you slightly sedated, I recommend a single malt whenever you start to feel agitated! :smiley:

3 Likes

That’ll do nicely Doctor :+1:

2 Likes

Ah yes, neither hidden nor intuitive :wink:
I can go on hols with plenty of ‘credit’ built up in the bank :laughing:

Someone should have a quiet word in the ear of our Great Leader however, @JustinGuitar has received many likes but has not liked anyone’s contributions to date :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Hope everything goes well David and take your time.

1 Like

Good news. I think about him every day and hope to see him back here ASAP!

1 Like

We have lit a kind of candle for you here David…if that doesn’t help

[Groot kampuur

4 Likes

They light ‘big candles’ in Northern Ireland every July, in celebration of your countrymen :wink:

4 Likes

Latest update and looking good !

Good evening
I hope you’re all doing well. Some more good news, David is out of the ICU and has been moved to the cardiac ward - a lot of the plumbing that was attached to him has also been removed.
While still tired he’s far more alert and talkative as well.
Kind regards,
Michael Preece

16 Likes

Good to hear he’s doing better. :+1:

1 Like