Do bad things happen if you don't change strings often enoughg

I love it! Lol :joy:

Jack White does a great interview with Rick Rubin on Broken Record pod cast. He talks about playing cheap guitars among many other things. Neil Young pops into the studio in the middle of the interview.

Had a lesson yesterday and started talking about strings. Instructor states he changes strings on his electric and acoustic instruments twice a week! If he is in a studio session, he’ll change them again that day. He must purchase them by the pallet; Elixir high ends. I told him I had thought every couple months was fine. He just started laughing.

Shane @sclay
Well I guess I am adult now, having just changed the strings on my acoustic guitar for the first time. Luthier did it last when I had the guitar set up. Although changed strings on a classic guitar more than 50 years ago, goodness knows how I did it, no internet videos then, the confidence of youth.
No real issues had watched Justin’ video a few times and followed each step at a time. Took a little while to get one string in tune, perhaps need to keep an eye on that.
Kept the same size, 11’s, but put on D’Addario XT, have got some XS will try them next time.
Michael :guitar:

2 Likes

Thought I would just add a post script to my earlier post today.
The answer to the question do bad things happen if you don’t change strings, the answer is definitely YES
Changed the strings on my acoustic this morning, took it upstairs then came down for a cup of tea. Went back upstairs an hour or so later only to find a string on my classical guitar had snapped all by itself.
Very strange it must have felt left out.:frowning:

Michael

1 Like