Do bad things happen if you don't change strings often enoughg

Not for the last two years, no. But, yeah, I had :wink:

Guess you dont play a lot? :rofl:

Before 2020, nope.

Vintage Strings :rofl:

1 Like

Relics.

1 Like

I hadnā€™t changed strings on a guitar since 1991 and totally take the blame for the climate crisis, multiple wars and trump/putin/bojo

I apologise completely for this lapse of judgement

3 Likes

Whatā€™s a bojo?

Boris johnson

:joy::joy::joy: It was you all along!
Iā€™ll also pin Brexit on that too :joy:

1 Like

On a serious note, it depends what you consider a serious issue. For example, it is an issue for me when the strings have gunk and they are sticky and my fingers pick up the dirt and become dirty and sticky too.
And then the top strings will rust and they feel scratchy on the frets and tbey feel and sound awful.
These are issues for me.
If theyā€™re not for you, youā€™re golden :wink:
Just be careful with snapped rusty stuff

Dang, are you eating peanut butter with your fingers and then playing the guitar? I canā€™t imagine sticky strings! :rofl:

2 Likes

7 Likes

Haha nooo, and I always wash my hands before playing and wait for them to be completely dry before I get the guitar. But I tend to sweat so fingers leave residue on the stringsā€¦ Even if I wipe down when Iā€™m done,it just builds upā€¦ So I know when wiping doesnā€™t help, itā€™s time to change strings!

1 Like

Ah yeah, I forget some people get sweatier than me! My hands seem to stay pretty dry. I save all my sweating for things like gardening or house building. :wink:

1 Like

There was something I read about more fret wear from old, maybe slightly (invisibly) corroded stringsā€¦

Guitarist on Justin Beibers song, $99 guitar, hasnt changed the strings in 5 years.

2 Likes

Jack White is known for playing $100 guitars. He says you have to ā€œworkā€ it to get the sound you want!

1 Like

What gauge string do you think heā€™s using? :smiley:

@RobDickinson @sticktothemuse - Quieten it down you guys, how can we justify our instruments when you post controversial topics like that, sheeshā€¦ :man_facepalming:

1 Like