Ear training app help

I’ve purchased this app but have no idea how to use it
Starting at the first lesson, press play it plays 2 notes, I then find them on my guitar but then what? What am I doing on the app?
I seriously don’t get it :woman_shrugging:

Hello Anne,

Upon first using the app, the first note played will be the Root note. Your task is to identify the 2nd note played relative to the first.
The Root note will be different each time, in order to train your ability in hearing intervals in different keys.
It will seem very difficult at first, because it IS difficult :crazy_face:, but well worth it. Great thing is you can use it anywhere anytime, and configure it in various ways.

All the best.

Cheers, Shane.

1 Like

also check out this post Ear Training App on similar question

Hi Shane, how do you actually do it on the app tho? I mean what do you mechanically do?
Do I tap on a string on the screen or something?

Never mind I’ve just figured it out!
Talk about thick :joy:

Tap on the interval number that you think is correct for the 2nd note, after hearing the 1st note.

Eg. You hear the first note, in this case the Root or the 1. What is the 2nd note you hear. Is it a 3rd, a 5th, an octave (8) etc…

If you get it right, it’ll light up green. For incorrect, it’ll light up red.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Been having a go at this using the training part to differentiate between 4th and 5th intervals and noticed a few things.

I usually start off quite well and get most right then I get a few wrong in a row and then it all goes to pieces.

Generally better with low note combinations than high notes.

Anybody else have the same.

Not sure anybody can help just down to more practice.

Michael