Eddie_09 - November 2022 - Dixie Chicks, Bruce Springsteen

This is a song made famous by the Dixie Chicks ( now called the Chicks I believe) called Travelin’ Soldier. It was written by American songwriter Bruce Robison and tells the story of a young girl waiting for her soldier to come home from the war.
Dixie Chicks - Travelin’ Soldier

2nd

Bruce Springsteen - Stolen Car

Thanks for listening.

20 Likes

Hello Eddie, another great song from you :hugs:.
I actually haven’t heard it before, which is a shame as it’s beautiful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.
You played it so well, very relaxed actually, and your voice suited it perfectly. Very enjoyable :blush:. Thanks for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Nicely played and sung! I enjoyed it.

1 Like

When’s the concert Eddie? :fire: :fire: :fire: Far out that was good.

1 Like

Thank you Nicole. Am glad you enjoyed it. I was introduced to that song by my sister a couple of years ago and the lyrics just grabbed me. Thanks for taking the time to listen and to comment :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks Jason. Really appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment!

Cheers JK. Don’t think I will be having a concert any time soon :joy:. Glad you enjoyed it.

Hey Eddie that was really good, you have a really good flow and natural way to perform - would be great to see you performing at one of our Community Open Mics one day! Keep up the good work that was another fine performance to your collection! All the best.

1 Like

Thanks Adrian. An OM is definitely on my radar in the future. I really Appreciate the support and feedback! :sunglasses::+1:

Hi Eddie,
Another good song, :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet:…it is indeed time for a live performance :sunglasses:
Greetings,…

1 Like

Well Eddie, I love it when new folk get ‘sucked into’ the community. You’ve been super-supportive to beginners and old hands alike and had some great shares :smiley:
I mentioned on your Tom Joad vid that it was your best performance. I went back comparing this and, for me, this style of song and performance really suits you. The singing and playing are fine individually, but if I turn off the visuals, it becomes less special. Giving the appearance of interacting with an audience by looking at the camera and allowing your expressions to change is what makes a performance for me.
You’re good at it :sunglasses:
Keep it up

1 Like

Truly on a roll Eddie, this was another outstanding performance. You’re so on top of your vocals, tone, dynamics range… it makes me want to weep (in a good way!!) :wink:

I agree with @adi_mrok , I’d love to see you in an OM sometime when you’re happy to, you’ve got a terrific style and your song selection is really on point. Thanks for another great share!
:clap: :clap:

1 Like

Sounds great Eddie!

1 Like

Thanks Rogier! A live performance is definitely on my to do list as I finally feel comfortable enough to perform in front of people. At the moment my weekends are pretty full with my kids activities so when I get a time that suits I am in. :+1:

Thanks Brian. I definitely have been sucked in to the community and I am kicking myself I didn’t discover it earlier as I have learned so much from the wide variety of contributors and contributions, which in time I hope will make me a better and more rounded player.
Thanks for the encouraging feedback on performance. I don’t think I will ever be a great guitar player or singer, however I would rather get to a decent level where I can comfortably and confidently entertain people, so hopefully I am somewhere along that road. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks so much Mark. Believe me it took a long time before I was comfortable with my vocals and it’s really only certain songs that suit me. I really sucked at singing for a long time. I have learned so many songs that no matter how hard I try cannot sing them for the life of me.
Thanks again for the listen and comments. Really appreciate it!!!

1 Like

Thanks David!!! :+1:

Another cracking cover Eddie and what moving lyrics. Always a pleasure to watch.

I wonder if they are just “Chicks” now because of all the controversy over George Bush?

1 Like

Another great cover Eddie. I vaguely recall the Dixie Chicks but not familiar with that song. You are on a roll with your covers. That was really good, nicely played and sung.

1 Like

Thanks so much Stefan! I know they did get into some hot water for criticizing GW Bush but the name change was not connected to that. Thanks again for the listen and comment!