Eddie_09 - September 2022 - Original song - This Is Your Time (plus Stereophonics)

Thank you Phil for taking the time to listen and comment! And thanks for the good wishes.

Really beautiful song and a tear jerker story. Glad to hear your son is doing well now. I can only imagine the feeling of distress and helplessness you must have felt.

2 Likes

Thank you JK. Toughest experience of my life but we are coming out the other side. Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment. :sunglasses:

I liked this a lot, full of feeling.
Good to hear he is recovering well.

1 Like

Thank you Geoff ! That means a lot!!!

1 Like

Eddie, First and foremost, itā€™s good to hear your son is on the way to full recovery.
This song is great and Iā€™m glad you posted it. Playing and vox are good, but the emotion I see and hear in you as you perform it speak volumes. And you really should play it for your wife when sheā€™s ready. Thanks for posting it.

1 Like

Thank you Dave for your kind words. I didnā€™t think I had any songwriting ability but I guess the lesson is write whatā€™s inside of you based on life experiences. I appreciate you taking the time to listen and to comment!

Whoa that was powerful Eddie. So much raw power in those lyrics. So glad I came back to AOVYP for a catch up tonight but didnā€™t bring the Kleenex, so beautiful. Exquisitely played and sang as well. So glad your son is recovering but I offer Metta to him for a continued recovery and to all those mentioned here in passing who have been face health issues.
Shoot its damn hard when your kids are the ones that suffer. I wish them all well.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Wow thank you Toby! That means a lot to me. Even though I had never written a song before it seemed to almost write itself , perhaps due to where it came from and what we as a family had just been through. I am so grateful and deeply humbled by how this song has been received by everyone here. Once again thank you so much for listening and providing feedback!
Eddie :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hey Eddie, I had a listen to to this when it first ā€˜droppedā€™ but was busy, so never commented.
Just had another dekko now and itā€™s even more powerful.
Itā€™s worth writing a song if you can move/touch even just one person (including yourself).
Just skimming through the comments, youā€™ve achieved that in spades.
Well done.
Congratulations.
Good luck andā€¦
Vibes :sunglasses:

1 Like

Wow thank you Brian. It means a lot to receive your comments and feedback especially as you are a very well respected member of this community!
The comments here have blown me away and have really helped me deal with and process what was and still is the worst time of my life. I mentioned to someone above that it was an easy song to write as it seemed to pop out of me sitting on a beach in Chicago, However it was and still is hard to sing and to listen back to.
Thanks again for taking the time to listen and to comment and for the well wishes!
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Cheers, Eddie :smiley:

@Richard_close2u could you please preserve in aspic and pin this to the top of some notice board?
Some members seem to forget thisā€¦ :rofl:

3 Likes

If I could give this 2 likes I would!!! Cheers again Brian :sunglasses:

1 Like

That wouldnā€™t be a certain @roger_holland by any chance?

Iā€™ll give him a like for you :wink:

3 Likes

Hi,ā€¦many things go through my head,ā€¦and itā€™s just too easy, :innocent: and I wonā€™t let this thread deviate from the topic for now,ā€¦so letā€™s go back to the old-fashioned ā€˜sit on handsā€™ and let my brains suffer ā€¦ (ha ha I wanted to turn it around ā€¦ I once said to Brian that when I say brains I mean him ,but of course not nowā€¦ are you still following :woozy_face:)

Keep it up Eddie,ā€¦

Greetings,

2 Likes

Oh James what have you started :roll_eyes:

The bromance had already started before I joined the community Eddie, I just normally turn a blind eye to their shannigans :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Good call James :+1::joy:

1 Like

Iā€™ve always been curious whoā€™s hands Rogierā€™s sitting on but I think that finally explains it. Iā€™m just amazed how Brian can still play the guitar so well :flushed:

1 Like

I took your advice Shane and played this for my wife tonight for the first time. It brought her to tears but it felt good !!!

3 Likes