Even More Real People 😮

I had an unexpected visit from Keith (@majik) for a couple of days, whilst he was up North visiting family around Merseyside :smiley:
I’m pleased to confirm that he’s as pleasant (and knowledgeable) chap as his online persona would lead you to believe. Lots of interesting chats and he was thoughtful enough to bring along his lovely Yamaha Revstar for me to mess around with whilst he was out during the day. Beautiful guitar :smiley:
I decided not to repeat my recent faux pas of letting @Fourtwo42 depart my lodgings without even attempting to have a go a ‘jam’, so while Keith was visiting his Dad on Monday, I looked up the chords to Hey Jude and scribbled down some altered lyrics. I dragged him into the study that night, handed him the chord sheet and we gave it a go. I pressed record on our second attempt and. although it leaves a lot of room for improvement, it provides proof that it did happen. (I forgot how to sing Nananana :roll_eyes: :rofl:)
Keith also happens to be a bell-ringer, so I dragged him along to our band practice last night where he joined in and gave a good account of himself.
Apologies in advance for ‘erratic’ forum activity for the next 10 days or so, as my road-trip kicks off tomorrow and I have a million things to organise.
Thanks again for dropping by, Keith :smiley:

Lyrics

Hey, Keith, let’s have a jam
Take a sad song, and play together
Remember to concentrate on your part
Then we can start our jam together

Hey Keith, don’t be afraid
We were destined to play together
The minute we plug our instruments in,
Then we begin to gel together

And should the listeners writhe in pain, hey Keith, refrain.
Don’t carry the blame upon your shoulders.
For well you know that it’s that fool tryn’ to be cool,
denying that he is getting older.
Da da da…

Hey Keith, don’t let me down.
You have found me, now come and help me.
Remember to let it come from the heart
Then we can start to jam together

You rang my bell, I let you in, hey Keith, begin,
I was waiting for someone to perform with.
And don’t you know that it’s just you, hey Keith, you’ll do,
The guitar you need is on your shoulder.
da da da da

Hey Keith, don’t let me down.
You have found me, now come and help me.
Remember to let it come from the heart
Then we can start to jam together, better better better
Na na na…

34 Likes

Photos used to do quite well too :smile:

Who cares, it’s clear that you had fun and how wonderful that you met each other :partying_face: :sunglasses:

:heart: :heart: From me, because the heartlikes you can give per day, I have given away to the videos and introduction stories for 24 hours yesterday on the other side…

ps:

And Brian I wish you an incredible amount of fun and if you visit special places, old (not only selfie please :joy: ) animals, fauna, know that I really appreciate photos :sunglasses:

Greetings and see you later :sunflower:

4 Likes

Great to see both of you performing together, sure you had a good time :partying_face:. Always nice to read, when folks meet in real life and find out they are as nice in reality as on the virtual platform!
Brian, I wish you lots of fun whilst seeing your old school mates. Something tells me, you had the position as the “Klassenclown” (in a positive way!!). Have a nice journey and enjoy your trip to the past!

3 Likes

Meeting in real time :crazy_face: could become a thing. :rofl: Good to see an impromptu jam, looks fun :smiley:

2 Likes

Great post Brian. And a great, fun jam from yourself and Keith. Its what its all about isnt it. Clever lyrics; thoroughly entertaining. :+1::clap:.

Cheers, Shane

2 Likes

Fabulous @brianlarsen and @Majik . Always good to see the community coming together IRL. Whereabouts are you up there? My brother’s on Merseyside so next time I’m visiting I’d love to do the same!!

2 Likes

This warms my heart in multiple ways

2 notoir Community members meeting up, posting a video, rewriting the song into a funny and accurate lyric was the cherry on the cake :smiley:

4 Likes

Brian is really pushing his bed and breakfast business marketing :smiley:!

Always a pleasure reading stories about impromptu Justinguitar Community meetings. And what a tune! I bet the bellringing jam session turned out great as well!

6 Likes

Awesome! and fun! :clap: :smiley:
and great lyrics :smile:

Have a safe and enjoyable road trip too! :sunglasses: :sunflower:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: Brilliant - Far better than that other version of “Hey Jude” that is sometimes heard doing the rounds on the radio. :laughing: :rofl: :rofl: :+1:

3 Likes

Real People is a good thing.
Managed to meet up with @jkahn today for a little jam in a Queensland Sunshine Coast park.

Good fun.

7 Likes

Lesson learned Brian - I’ll make sure I’m adept at the art of campanology next time I visit!
Neil

2 Likes

Many thanks to Brian for offering a comfortable bed, good food, and great company.

It was a pleasure meeting him and his family and friends, chatting about guitar and many other subjects. Brian is, in person, just as generous, funny, and larger-than-life as he is on the forum, and spending time in his company is, as they say in Singapore, “shiok!”

I love how Brian took up the challenge of rewriting the lyrics of Hey Jude after I had mentioned it was a song I had played at jam meetups in Singapore. The man is most definitely a poet.

I hope we get a chance to meet in person again soon.

And I hope your travels over the next couple of weeks are a fun adventure.

And if you are ever in the Berkshire area, give me a shout and I would be happy to return the favour.

Cheers,

Keith

12 Likes

That was brilliant, guys, sounds like you had a great visit!

3 Likes

That was amazing guys!! It looks like you had a great time together. Love the lyrics too :laughing: :clap: :clap:

I can’t help but feel an little envious when I see community members meet. It looks like a lot of fun. Anyone want to visit Portland? :laughing: We have a lot of tater tots and beer, lol

Thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

Brian and Keith, that was awesome! It is great to see that people from this forum meet and play. :smiley: Lovely version of the song.

2 Likes

That’s just amazing, Brian and Keith! :smiley: Looks like great fun and a real good time the two of you had! That’s just so cool! :slight_smile:

Loved this little jam, that’s pure fun and joy and the lyrics were fab, too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Aw… it warms my heart to see so many nice comments from new and old members alike, esp. all you blues immersion folk who should have more important things to do :rofl:
This community is the best :smiley:

7 Likes

How fun!!!
Enjoyed the story & your Jamming on Jude the *alternate * version!!!

Very cool!!! Thanks Brian for posting!!!

Tod

1 Like

Wow! So cool!! Love the song guys, great seeing you have a jam together!! Stellar job on the lyrics too, Brian :rofl: :+1: Have a fab trip! :partying_face:

2 Likes