FAO all members re: uploading & creating topics in the AVOYP section

@mc chat away by all means

You raise some important big overview thoughts.

Uncategorised is a default section. It is full of two types of topic.
Those people choose to place there (correctly) or the mods move there from other less appropriate places. Plus, as a catch-all default receptacle forall new topics where the poster does not specify a category. Sometimes these get moved out to better places.

It certainly keeps my hands on my keyboard and mouse and, sadly, not on my guitar.

We are manually tagging by username only.
Multiple tags are possible … interesting idea. But it would be more moderation work.

1 Like

I missed that.

I saw that.

Mmhh. :slight_smile:

We have had discussions about organisation, categories etc. But yes, much is a carry over from the old forum and one year on, maybe a spring clean and a fresh lick of paint is in order.

Another improvement I am going to ask for is better, more attractive graphics / labels for the categories. The colours and images are a bit uninspiring.

4 Likes

Hello :grinning:. Does a Facebook link of my Guitar playing video count as my " AVOYP " ? :sparkles:

@Gagan Sure Gagan, you can post links to videos that are uploaded anywhere on the internet, Facebook included. Most members sharing videos use YouTube. You may find there are members who prefer not to access social media platforms like Facebook, which may impact the number of members who view your video.

1 Like

Thank you :grinning:

Gagan, as David says, many people do not have Facebook accounts and some refuse to visit those social media accounts. If you can, it will be much better to upload to a Youtube account and share that instead.

1 Like

I thought it would be easy :grin: @Richard_close2u