Fast Car by Tracy Chapman Lesson

Learn to play Fast Car by Tracy Chapman on JustinGuitar!

View the full lesson at Fast Car by Tracy Chapman | JustinGuitar

This is good but I wish the tabs were free :(. But will try my best to do without them

1 Like

Hi Freeml, you could do a 7 day free trial subscription and then see if the paid subscription would be a good purchase for you. (I have the annual subscription, it is definitely worth it to me.)

Great song, have fun learning it.

Thanks Mari Iā€™m actually a new comer thanks so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Help me as iā€™m a little confused (its my normal state), but with the CAPO on 2nd then the chords Im playing (C ,G ,Em and D Shapes) are actually D, A, Fm# and E in the Key of D. Is this right?
So if i want to play without a capo then iā€™m in the key of C and I can use C,G,Em and D without issue? It sounds ok to me but im not playing along with the record obviously.
Forgive me if iā€™m having a stupid moment.
ta

Hi spev short answer to your question - yes you are correct :slight_smile:

1 Like

@spev11 if you want to play along with the recording you can use the chords D A F# E without a capo and be in key with the original.

1 Like

cheers both, I knew some of the theory had gone in just didnā€™t trust myself to be right. Iā€™ll use a capo to play along but if iā€™m playing along with my brother then iā€™ll play in C as we both have lower ā€œsingingā€ voices ( I say singing, i make leonard cohen sound like an opera sporano)

hi how many times do i play the fingerpicking part before the chorus and then afterwards aswell thank you

Hi @ChanelAthena, you should listen to the original song to find your answer.

1 Like