Fire And Rain My opening song on OM4...Not!

That’s a bummer, John. Have you tried visiting an Apple Store?

Lovely rendition of a brilliant song. I have attempted to learn this song many times - but never managed to get it completed. Your performance is really nice - I really like your vocal interpretation. It goes without saying how difficult the guitar playing is - you handle it all very comfortably.

Hi John. Really good. Yes a slower tempo than the original but I enjoyed it and liked vocal phrasing you used.
I thought your mix of picking and strumming was very effective.
Well done.

Sounded good sir! Just so that you know, I’ve seen fire, rain, hail AND snow. :fire: :rainbow: :umbrella: :snowflake:

Anyway, I like how you slowed it down, sang and played at your own pace. Soulful and mellow. Well done!

Hey John nice rendition of an old classic. Love this song and really liked the way you approached it. Tempo change gave as slightly mellow feel as Clint said. :sunglasses:

Hey anyone seen the full screen composer tool top right of the preview panel. That’s doodie !

Very nice playing and singing. The tempo may be slower than the original but that kind of makes it yours. I have to say I liked it a lot.

Thanks, I love playing it.

Looking at all options atm.

1 Like

It’s currently my absolute pleasure playing this song. You say you haven’t managed to get it completed yourself but keep going. I’ve returned to this song over and over for a long time to get it to where I felt I could share it. I’m a very slow learner.

Thanks Gordon, I’ve revisited JT’s original to gauge the tempo and have begun to practice it at that but apart from a couple of bars of guitar picking I prefer the way I recorded it. I feel a bit impertinent saying that! I’m carrying on practicing at the faster tempo for the sake of learning to execute certain picking patterns quickly but still like to sing it at my tempo.

1 Like

Thank you Clint, comments really appreciated.

Thanks Toby, It’s great so many like the slower tempo because I certainly do!

Hmm…no, I don’t see the full screen composer tool?

Thanks so much for your comment.

It is over on the right hand side of the preview window, if you are using a browser. Not sure if the phone app has it . I’ve added an pointer to the screenshot. :sunglasses:

Ah… I was looking for it among the icons in the composer window. These ones.

No worries I just thought "wot does that do " ah ! That will be handy for @DavidP :rofl:

1 Like

I enjoyed that: well played and sung. I like the slower tempo, too.

John,
If you are serious about recording and or OM’s, you might up your game by getting an AI, or Audio Interface. You can do some things with your Zoom, but it is best suited for session recordings, rather than trying to use it for an AI. Today a good 2 channel AI is very cheap and under $200, you can see an example of such HERE.

For your recording software you have Garageband included with your MacBook. Or you could use Reaper for the Mac. - Clint is up on both Macs and Garageband and may be willing to offer some advice.

All the best and remember that Christmas is but a couple of days away. Maybe the AI is under the tree for you?
:innocent:
LB

I do have an AI and was able to use it into Zoom and with recording before my sound system became problematical.
I briefly looked at GarageBand but have installed Reaper, now paid for after a lengthy free trial, as it interested me more. Slowly trying to get up to speed with that. The Zoom/recording issues remain. I’m considering my options. Can I get a new MacBook approved by my wife?

John,
Something does not add up here:

I don’t understand how you can use the AI by going into the Zoom? What is your signal chain or in other words. How are you hooking up your gear, in more detail? Also, what AI do you have and is it USB?

In my thinking, without knowing your AI or signal chain, I would forget the Zoom altogether and plug the AI directly into the Mac. Be sure to load the AI drivers as needed. You might need to find a mic under the Christmas tree for your recordings though. That is, if you don’t already have one.

Reaper is a great DAW, would be my top suggestion and the DAW I run. It can grow as far as you want it to. Be sure not to miss the “how to videos” HERE. If you have not seen any of those, they are fairly short at 10 minutes each approximately and very well done! They cover most facets of DAW and Reaper work.

Keep rock’n and let us know more about your recording setup as possibly we can assist in sorting out the gremlins…?
LB